EA Partners is "Open For Business"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
EA Partners is "Open For Business"

EA Labels President Frank Gibeau says a rumor that surfaced in April about the closure of the EA Partners publishing label is false.

Electronic Arts made significant cuts [www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123528-Rumor-EA-Closes-PopCap-Vancouver-EA-Partners-UPDATED] to its workforce back in April, reportedly resulting in the closures of PopCap Vancouver and Need for Speed: World developer Quicklime Games, as well as EA Partners, a third-party publishing and distribution arm that had handled games for Crytek, Epic, Double Fine and other studios. At the time, EA refused to confirm specific numbers or which operations had been affected, but now Gibeau says that while the division has been scaled back, EA Partners still alive and kicking and doing deals.

"We are absolutely open for business to partner with developers out there. In fact on mobile, as an example, with our Chillingo team, we just published three games this week," he told Polygon.

As for consoles, the transition between generations has Electronic Arts focusing on its own titles rather than those of other studios, he explained, which is part of why EA Partners had to be scaled back. "We had, frankly, too much capacity inside of our EA Partners team to handle more projects than we were in position to want to have right now. That was what was the scaling back of it was," he said. "But Partners is open for business."

Foremost among the big-name titles EA Partners is currently set to publish is Titanfall [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124698-Titanfall-Leak-Reveals-Respawns-First-Game], the first game to come out of Respawn Entertainment, which is slated for release in spring 2014.

Source: Polygon [http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/9/4412194/ea-partners-isnt-dead-says-exec]

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I like this version of EA, they have good PR, the business practices are getting better. I could swear they have learnt how to behave.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
The way EA is run, Frank, I highly doubt anything in your company will be "open for business" by the end of the year.

Dec 14, 2009
By 'open for partnership', they mean that their orphan baby farm is running low and they need a top up.

You too can be a partner for the low, low cost of 17 baby orphans eleventy billion dollars.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
Maybe this part of EA should be completely buffed up and then scrap that other publisher part?

Just saying...

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
Evil Smurf said:
I like this version of EA, they have good PR, the business practices are getting better. I could swear they have learnt how to behave.
Maybe they fired everyone, cause it seems like MS have been hiring.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
i get the impression of a serial killer who is fishing around for new targets while they're priming popcap

i can't really believe that all of these companies are making these terrible decisions (which stink of EA meddling) purely by themeselves, because the way they react to to negative press by taking responsibility seems to indicate that they're being held hostage

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
And this new EA CEO seems to keep on giving....
i guess there now is hope for EA after all.