Mirror's Edge 2 Announced

Leahbjackson

Apr 15, 2013
Mirror's Edge 2 Announced

Mirror's Edge 2 was announced at the EA E3 2013 press conference moments ago. The game will once again star Faith, the protagonist from the original Mirror's Edge.

Mirror's Edge 2 is being developed by DICE and looks to be a prequel based on the teaser trailer. The game looks beautiful and will feature the same architectural style as Mirror's Edge. No release date was given, but we're hoping to learn more about Mirror's Edge 2 throughout the E3 week.

[video=7459 autoplay=0]

The news comes after several leaks last month hinted at the existence of the game [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124467-Mirrors-Edge-2-Appears-on-EAs-Website]

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I am an incredibly happy person right now. I loved Mirror's Edge and am really looking forward to the sequel. Bring it on, DICE!

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
So fucking happy right now. Like you wouldn't believe.

Please, for the love of god, don't fuck this up DICE.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
I'm glad it exists, but hopefully this trailer isn't a sign that it's going in a more action focused direction. As much as I liked the combat in the first game (I might be in the minority), and it looks much improved and even Oni-esque here, the game's focus should be running right?

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
Well, it has to use the Kinect, right? So... I'm guessing the running will be voice based then?

"Xbox run! Xbox run! Xbox jump!"

Timmey

May 29, 2010
Loved the first one, hope it keeps to a similar feel, certainly seems so. This integrated with Oculus Rift sounds deadly.

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
ritchards said:
Well, it has to use the Kinect, right? So... I'm guessing the running will be voice based then?

"Xbox run! Xbox run! Xbox jump!"
All I can picture now is a gif of Forest Gump running with it flashing "Run Xbox, RUN!" thank you.

I'm pleasantly excited about this, I heard good things about the first one so I figured that one day I would eventually end up buying a copy. At least my friend will be super happy they finally announced it. I also like the ending not. "When it's ready"

DrunkenElfMage

Aug 17, 2011
So psyched for this game. Here is to hoping that it isn't an Xbox One exclusive! EA you are DANGEROUSLY close to me actually liking you so don't eff this up!

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Oh, hey. That's actually cool. I'll probably pick that up, if it ends up coming to a console I'll actually buy. Is it weird I affixed on the question of "why does she only have one glove?"

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
Gatx said:
I'm glad it exists, but hopefully this trailer isn't a sign that it's going in a more action focused direction. As much as I liked the combat in the first game (I might be in the minority), and it looks much improved and even Oni-esque here, the game's focus should be running right?
It was always action focuses, wasn't it? Not combat focused, I'll give you that, but there was a hell of a lot of action.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Finally, a game that will have me break down and work with Origin. Half-Life 2 was enough for me to get Steam many years ago (wow), and I'll deal with Origin for this. Assuming it comes to the PC. You are putting it on PC, right? Think of all the PhysX fun you had last time!

guitarsniper

Mar 5, 2011
Things I liked:
That it exists
That they're keeping similar music (apparently)
That it's still going to be Faith, and not some other character
The tagline: coming when it's ready

Things I didn't like:
too much combat footage, not enough running footage (don't know if that's simply trailer shenanigans or representative of the game)

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Well, I'm... mildly pleased. There's still a lot of room to screw this up, and we ARE talking about EA here... here's to hoping they don't try to turn this into another Dead Space 3.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
I thought I would be excited, but honestly I'm just dreading it and wondering how EA will turn it into a bit of spunkgargleweewee that it'll flog with all it's might and won't sell at all so they'll kill the series.

Chatboy 91

Feb 25, 2011
I AM JUST SO FUCKING EXCITED RIGHT NOW!

Please don't fuck this up EA... please don't fuck this all up. I just want to play this in full 2560x2440p glory on my PC, and for it to keep the spirit of the original. That's all I ask. If you can implement Oculus, that would be amazing. But just let me play this, and I might just forgive you for some of the bull shit you've done recently.

I CAN'T WAIT!

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck.....

After, watching that trailer, I'm kind off worried though- too much combat for my liking, and that was, sadly, the weakest point in the first game. I would rather see some actual freerunning.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I liked the escapist more when videos didn't autoplay. This is the only game I might of bought. A shame it's being put out by EA.