Persona PSP Hits PSN on September 22

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Persona PSP Hits PSN on September 22

For those Atlus enthusiasts who don't like buying retail copies of games packaged with bonus goodies, Atlus is releasing its upcoming Persona remake on the PSP on the same day as the UMD.

Digital distribution might be all the rage nowadays, but Atlus has sure made a case for the relevance of retail in recent times with its tradition of packaging neat swag along with copies of its games. There's always an art book, or soundtrack, or miniature plush doll, packaged in an over-sized box, to take home with an Atlus game.

The case is no different for the company's upcoming PSP remake of the original Persona game, but considering the push for digital distribution on Sony's handheld, Atlus is making Persona available on PlayStation Network the same day the game hits stores: September 22. "Meaning all of you first adopters of the upcoming PSP Go System can christen your new handheld with a quality RPG experience, while PSP System owners with a memory stick can opt to go digital as well..Everybody wins," Atlus wrote.

The PSP Go hits in October, which is not long after Persona's release, so I guess that would make sense, but aside from sheer convenience, the retail version does seem like better package. It comes with a 2-disc soundtrack that features all the tunes heard in the game. And it comes in a "premium oversized outer box." A box! You can't beat a big box.

Both versions have an MSRP of $39.99.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
First mistake, same retail price. If you don't give them an extra like a special character,item and etc. or at the very least a reduced price you are insulting the buyer who could have waited and gotten it with the extra goodies at retail and only die hard fans will bother.
Hope they change their minds and take at least ten bucks off the DLC version.
Plus First!

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
[quote/]A box! You can't beat a big box.[/quote]

True. You can't beat a big box. When I'm not playing games I just sit around with a box on my head. So much fun...

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Rigs83 said:
First mistake, same retail price. If you don't give them an extra like a special character,item and etc. or at the very least a reduced price you are insulting the buyer who could have waited and gotten it with the extra goodies at retail and only die hard fans will bother.
Never underestimate the power of the lazy.

Rigs83 said:
Plus First!
We do ban people for this you know. Don't do it again.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Either way, I'm pretty sure Persona fans must be shouting in joy. Whether they own a PSP or PS3, they can get their new favorite game. :D

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Oh god, I am just now playing through Persona 3:FES, and I loooooooooooovvvvvvveeeeeeee it. As soon as I know more details of the actual game (I have no idea how alike the original Persona is compared to the ones I'm playing), this will make me get a PSP Go as I was already considering getting a PSP. If the original Persona is anything like the one I'm playing now, count me in, and if it isn't, count me in anyway!

pigeon_of_doom

Vice-Captain Hammer
Feb 9, 2008
Good ole Atlus, although the last company I was aware of who were so kind to their buyers suffered an ignominious fate (Working Designs).

Chaossebba

Aug 11, 2008
Jumplion said:
Oh god, I am just now playing through Persona 3:FES, and I loooooooooooovvvvvvveeeeeeee it. As soon as I know more details of the actual game (I have no idea how alike the original Persona is compared to the ones I'm playing), this will make me get a PSP Go as I was already considering getting a PSP. If the original Persona is anything like the one I'm playing now, count me in, and if it isn't, count me in anyway!
From what i've seen and heard its completely different, the first and second weren't that much like 3 and 4