Expect Two Blizzard Games In 2010

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Expect Two Blizzard Games In 2010

Blizzard president Mike Morhaime suggested that it wouldn't be incorrect to assume that there will be two Blizzard releases next year.

StarCraft II being delayed into 2010 is certainly something to be sad about, if you look at it one way. If you look at it in another, though, it could be a good thing: it means Blizzard will get more time to give the game that extra layer of Blizzard polish, for one. For another, it means that we'll likely be getting a double dose of the developer next year, as Blizzard president Mike Morhaime suggested there wouldn't just be one but two big time Blizzard releases in 2010.

"I'd just like to reiterate that we haven't announced any release dates on any future titles, and I'll also reiterate that the move of StarCraft into next year does not impact the schedule," Morhaime said. "So, it would be correct to conclude that you could expect two releases of Blizzard next year, but I would not make any conclusion on what those titles are going to be."

Some time ago Blizzard declared a promise to put out one major release per year, but, unless they have some fantastic surprise in store for 2009, it looks like the company will have to break that promise. So they're making up for it next year with not one but two games. What will the second be? An analyst mentioned Diablo but Morhaime was mum. My guess? Lost Vikings 3.

[Via Shacknews [http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59859]]

Ralackk

Aug 12, 2008
It's either going to be another WoW expansion or Diablo 3, the problem is it's Blizzard. So if it is Diablo 3 thats going to be delay no doubt until 2011 so we will only get one game anyway.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
It better bloody be Diablo 3!

I don't see how it couldn't be, I mean, the games been in development for about the last 2 years, once it comes out, it's 3 years, and that is the average time to release a game.

I just hope some of the levels have randomly generated areas, so it's got some replayability.

Man, I can't wait for Diablo III, hate it to come out so late. T_T

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
Maybe it's this "Cataclysm" thing? I'm not getting any hopes up yet, it's either going to be Diablo 3 or (maybe?) a WoW expansion. We'll see.

Right now, i'm having a race between Half-Life 2:Episode 3 and Diablo 3 to release.

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
DIABLO!!!!!!!!! (Screams like a girl) Wait, every expansion comes out in a two year span... damn it it's just a WoW expansion.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
if diablo 3 comes out in 2010 im going to play with it so hard and so long that its going to need the computer version of lube

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Starcraft II BETTER come in 2010. Oh the mysterious Blizzard gaming company, I wonder what they could be delivering us next year.

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
I hope it's NOT Diablo 3.
But it probably will be =/

Other than that, I dont consider a "WoW expansion" a major release.

The_General

Sep 13, 2008
Allow me to correct the news post. Expect 1 1/3 Blizzard game in 2010 (Unless it gets delayed as USUAL).

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
The_General said:
Allow me to correct the news post. Expect 1 1/3 Blizzard game in 2010 (Unless it gets delayed as USUAL).
I've never got this viewpoint, assuming you were making some snide comment about Starcraft 2 being broken into three sections.

They've given their assurance that each section will be the full length of the initial Starcraft anyway (not counting Broodwar as I recall). The multiplayer isn't affected at all with all three races being playable with only a single game purchased, so what the honest-to-Loki hell is stopping you from seeing SC2: Part 1 as just SC2 and then the Zerg+Protoss installments as Expansion packs, which if length is to be believed they almost certainly are going to act like rather than your pathetic "Waah they're price gouging us" rubbish the likes of which I expect from the laudible L4D2 boycotters who most recently had their cake holes sufficiently stuffed by the latest DLC announcement.

Amnestic Pro Tip: If it looks like a full game, plays like a full game, is as long as a full game and costs as much as a full game it's probably a full Overmind-be-damned game.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Maybe they mean Two of the three Starcraft 2 sections? Or are they being released simultaneously?

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
World of Warcraft expansion. Duh. It's not even a question it's a fact.

Next WoW patch is Icecrown which is the last one for the Xpac and that should be out in the next 5-6 months at the latest which leaves another 5-6 months before the expansion comes out unless there is a turn of events.

To people crying about delays and being "3 years in development" already, thats how Blizzard works. World of Warcraft was in Development for 5 and so will SC2/D3 at the very least. D3 won't come out next year and you'll be lucky if they even do a beta.

Dudimus

Aug 5, 2009
Its probably going to be starcraft 2, it will get delayed again. I can feel it in my bones.