GOG Summer Sale Begins With Free Torchlight

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
GOG Summer Sale Begins With Free Torchlight

GOG is offering up some sweet deals for summer, including free copies of the hit indie action-RPG Torchlight until June 20.

It's summertime! The days are long, the nights are warm and Mother Nature is gloriously alive like no other time of the year! And that means it's the perfect time to park yourself in front of your PC and play videogames all day long - and GOG is here to help with its 2013 No DRM Summer Sale!

Most of the games offered in the GOG catalog will be available for half-price for the duration of the sale but the real sweetness will be in the Daily Deals, which will see both individual games and bundles offered for up to 85 percent off. Up for grabs on day one are the Wide A. Wake Bundle, which includes Alan Wake and Alan Wake's American Nightmare, plus all the usual GOG bonuses like wallpapers, various videos and the Alan Wake Files book, for $4.48, and the Definitive Dungeons and Dragons bundle, with Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, Planescape and others - pretty much all things D&D on GOG, really - for $17.

The bundles will be available until 9 am EDT on June 19 (yes, that's tomorrow) and while they're both really good deals, the one you don't to miss is Torchlight, the hack-and-slash hit from Runic Games that, until 9 am on June 20 (yes, that's the day after tomorrow) can be had absolutely free. Click the link, get the game, keep your money.

GOG's 2013 No DRM Summer Sale [http://www.gog.com/] is live now and runs until July 5.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Cool, summer sale is here! But but but.. I've had a copy of TL1 to give away on Steam for like, ever..

EDIT: I already have pretty much everything I know that I'm interested in, so that just leaves the games I don't yet know interest me - which is dangerous ground. That is a ton of games on sale and GOG just makes it too easy to buy stuff.

Imre Csete said:
I can give you 25 DOTA 2 keys for it. :p
You're funny! (Unless you're being serious?)

Voltano said:
giving away a free copy of "Torchlight 1" is a VERY good way to get people interested.
Indeed, it was their Fallout giveaway a while back that got me to sign up and they've since done the same with Duke Nukem. I've got nearly 40 games on my GOG account now thanks to that and their ridiculous sales and pricing points. And good service. And lack of DRM. And..

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Teoes said:
Cool, summer sale is here! But but but.. I've had a copy of TL1 to give away on Steam for like, ever..

Voltano

Dec 11, 2008
giving away a free copy of "Torchlight 1" is a VERY good way to get people interested. I'll be keeping on these sales for now as I already got the majority of the D&D games.

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
Great! I wanted to buy the old Obsidian and Bioware RPGs for a looong time and now I have finally the perfect to deal to get them all at once.

Thanks GOG, you're a damn fine site.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Falterfire said:
I believe you mean DOTA 2 Beta Invites. DOTA 2 Keys are worth about $2.30 or so each.
They don't say beta on it (probably are), all I know is that they are multiplying at an alarming rate and if my calculations are correct, they will take over the world in 16 weeks.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Bugger, I was hoping to not be tempted to spend lots of money on games. If the Steam summer sale starts soon I'll have to sell three or four kidneys.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
If anyone does end up getting Torchlight then be sure to at least get the class pack mod, it adds about 20 classes and 30 pets.

Gray Firion

Mar 5, 2012
And there was much rejoicing! Free Torchlight, sounds about right. Time to check out GoG then. ^^

Mojo

Jun 2, 2011
Karoshi said:
Great! I wanted to buy the old Obsidian and Bioware RPGs for a looong time and now I have finally the perfect to deal to get them all at once.
I can highly recommend Baldur's Gate 1&2 and Planescape Torment. Probably in my top 3 favorite RPG's of all time. I reccomend you look up theTutu Mod [http://usoutpost31.com/easytutu/] or the Trilogy Mod [http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/bgt] for Baldurs Gate.
The'll allow you to play BG1 with the graphics/resolution and interface of BG2 making it a much more enjoyable experience.
Planescape Torment should be played with The Bigg's Widescreen mod [http://www.gibberlings3.net/widescreen/] it also majorly improves visuals.

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
Teoes said:

EDIT: I already have pretty much everything I know that I'm interested in, so that just leaves the games I don't yet know interest me - which is dangerous ground. That is a ton of games on sale and GOG just makes it too easy to buy stuff.

Imre Csete said:
You're funny! (Unless you're being serious?)
Voltano said:
giving away a free copy of "Torchlight 1" is a VERY good way to get people interested.
Indeed, it was their Fallout giveaway a while back that got me to sign up and they've since done the same with Duke Nukem. I've got nearly 40 games on my GOG account now thanks to that and their ridiculous sales and pricing points. And good service. And lack of DRM. And..
Please don't quote someone who posted after you and put it in an earlier post. It's really confusing.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
WeepingAngels said:
Please don't quote someone who posted after you and put it in an earlier post. It's really confusing.
I considered adding your quoted post to my original post just to be "funny", but decided against it. You're the only person I've ever seen complaining about this and personally I don't find it confusing, it just takes a second to understand. Also, it's better than the alternative of double/triple posting and spamming up the thread.

It's not something I do often because I rarely feel the need to comment on several different posts at the same time but certainly in future I will consider your feelings. Not sure why you felt so moved by the situation that you had to bring it up though?

Back on topic..

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
Teoes said:
WeepingAngels said:
I considered adding your quoted post to my original post just to be "funny", but decided against it. You're the only person I've ever seen complaining about this and personally I don't find it confusing, it just takes a second to understand. Also, it's better than the alternative of double/triple posting and spamming up the thread.

It's not something I do often because I rarely feel the need to comment on several different posts at the same time but certainly in future I will consider your feelings. Not sure why you felt so moved by the situation that you had to bring it up though?

Back on topic..
You aren't double and triple posting if there are posts between your posts. Well whatever, do what you want. I assure you that more people will complain in time.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Mojo said:
Karoshi said:
I can highly recommend Baldur's Gate 1&2 and Planescape Torment. Probably in my top 3 favorite RPG's of all time. I reccomend you look up theTutu Mod [http://usoutpost31.com/easytutu/] or the Trilogy Mod [http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/bgt].
The'll allow you to play BG1 with the graphics/resolution and interface of BG2 making it a much more enjoyable experience.
Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes.

Oh man, so much yes.

Do that. Seriously, do that. Nostalgia be damned, these three games are exceptional and timeless, they don't make them like they used to.

And be sure to check in with the Observer.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Karoshi said:

Thanks GOG, you're a damn fine site.
Indeed, I'm so glad I finally plucked up the courage and signed up to GOG.
These kinds of deals are such great value for money.

13thforswarn

Jul 11, 2009
I heard Torchlight (and Torchlight 2) were great. Planning to play this with some friends via the multiplayer mod.