Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition Now Available on Mac/PC

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition Now Available on Mac/PC

The tabletop role-playing simulator is now available on PC and Mac, sporting new content and an extended campaign.

There's a unique thrill to getting together with a bunch of nerds and rolling funny looking dice. While there's no substitute for actually doing it, Knights of Pen & Paper did an admirable job of simulating tabletop role-playing games and in the process created a clever and challenging RPG that both fans of the dice and fans of the digital could enjoy. Originally released for iOS and Android, PC and Mac gamers can now enjoy this unique experience thanks to the now availableKnights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition.

The +1 Edition comes packed with a bevy of bonuses to attract players new and old. These include a lengthier campaign, new game areas, a tavern, dungeons raids and an array of new loot to gather and hoard. The +1 Edition can be purchased via digital storefronts for $9.99. A deluxe version of the game is also available for $14.99. Android and iOS gamers, meanwhile, can purchase the +1 Edition for $2.99. Players who purchased previous versions of the Knights of Pen & Paper will receive a free upgrade to the +1 Edition.

If you haven't given Knights of Pen & Paper a try just yet, we'd highly recommend you take this as an opportunity to do so. While the game is definitely tailored toward fans of tabletop role-playing, it also strikes some nice retro gaming notes and should be a comfortable fit for anyone who's happily spent their hours fighting through pixelated, turn-based battles.

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
Wow...I literally bought the original edition on my Ipad yesterday...and I get the update for free today. Saved a $1!! hehe:)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
wulfy42 said:
Wow...I literally bought the original edition on my Ipad yesterday...and I get the update for free today. Saved a $1!! hehe:)
I bought it like a week ago. Shame it won't run on my tablet anymore.

Slash2x

Dec 7, 2009
SO MUCH AWESOME!!! I bought this on Thursday and though I was going to be screwed out of getting the new edition. I was already preordered for the PC version. Always nice to see companies reward loyal players with more content instead of "DLC" charges.

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
just wondering, is it still having that somewhat wonky f2p model in the pc version?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Rainforce said:
just wondering, is it still having that somewhat wonky f2p model in the pc version?
The microtransactions for gold are still there, if that's what you mean.