Vengeance DLC Hits Call of Duty: Black Ops II On July 2

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Vengeance DLC Hits Call of Duty: Black Ops II On July 2

Activision has announced that the third downloadable addition for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is only a few weeks away from its Xbox 360 debut.

Like the headline states, the upcoming Vengeance DLC arrives on July 2. However, it should be noted that this is only the release date for the Xbox 360 version of the DLC. Activision and Microsoft have worked out an "exclusivity" deal in which the former will only really talk up the Xbox 360 version of the add-on for the remainder of the agreement. It's almost certain that Vengeance will eventually hit all of the other incarnations of Black Ops 2, but for a little while at least, expect Xbox 360 owners to be smug about this whole thing.

Anyway, on to the important bits, like what's included in the DLC pack. That clip embedded at top right is an official tour at the new content, which includes four new multiplayer maps as well as an old-west-themed map designed specifically for use in the game's "Zombies" gameplay mode. Further, players who pick up the DLC will also be granted access to the Ray Gun Mark II weapon for use in all "Zombies" maps.

And now, obligatory, overly-positive developer comments from Treyarch studio head Mark Lamia: "From the four multiplayer maps to our new Zombies experience, "Buried," Vengeance continues doing what we set out to accomplish from the very beginning of development on Call of Duty: Black Ops II: pushing the boundaries of fans' expectations." So there you have it. Prepare your boundaries to be pushed.

Come July 2 you'll be able to purchase Vengeance on the Xbox Live Marketplace for 1200 Microsoft points - that's $15 for those of you who prefer currencies that aren't completely made up.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Looks good, I can't wait to play the zombie maps. Outside the zombie map that comes with the box, all of the DLC maps have been great. Also Ray Gun Mark II looks sick. :D

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
kajinking said:
Um... why bother with ghosts coming out?
Because it's months away, a different game, and not everyone buys every installment? I know several people or are 3Arch or IW only buyers, for example.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
kajinking said:
Um... why bother with ghosts coming out?
Because it's months away, a different game, and not everyone buys every installment? I know several people or are 3Arch or IW only buyers, for example.
Why do they do that? I haven't noticed a significant difference in quality between the two since 3Archs CoD:Big Red One, do they find it significantly better? or do they just impose it on themselves to fend of the CoD fatigue that we get bombarded with every year

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Pandalisk said:
Why do they do that? I haven't noticed a significant difference in quality between the two since 3Archs CoD:Big Red One, do they find it significantly better? or do they just impose it on themselves to fend of the CoD fatigue that we get bombarded with every year
You know how some people will insist Coke is waaaaay better than Pepsi or vice versa? There are a lot of people like that in gaming. It's just this particular C v Y combo is within the same franchise. In this equation, Battlefield is RC cola. It's still kinder than calling him "ralph Nader."

I can see some differences, but not enough to merit the dedication.

There are also some people who just don't like annual upgrades, and since the devs alternate years, that means they skip oen or the other more arbitrarily. I used to go 2-3 years between WWE games, for example, because by the time I got a new game, the upgrades were sizeable.

There are also some weird ones. I have a friend who will not buy Ghosts unless the "pick ten" system is in it.

I like the system, but it doesn't strike me as the end-all.