Sony Trademarks "P. S. Thanks"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Sony Trademarks "P. S. Thanks"

PlayStation [http://www.sony.com] owners.

The Gamer Advisory Panel [http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=77794416].

"We have a long history of creating unique loyalty programs such as PlayStation Underground, which started with the original PlayStation and has evolved into the Gamer Advisory Panel," the email said. "We continue to look for ways to expand this program and we are evaluating new naming conventions for this evolution, which is why we filed a trademark for 'PlayStation Thanks'."

Not exactly a wealth of information there, but we've reached out to Sony for more information and we'll update with whatever comes up. In the meantime, let the wild guessing begin!

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
Hmmm.... so it's a rewards program for doing things on the Playstation? Interesting idea.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I think I actually have a "Playstation Underground" demo disk lying around here somewhere, it had a robot game thingy and a Jet Moto game I think was the name of it, and some sort of Skate Boarding game that controlled like hell on a broken wheel. This "P.S. Thanks" thing seems interesting, I'll keep an eye on it for sure.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
I don't know if they can match the awesomeness of the late 90's when they had gems like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Gi-QVudhA[/youtube]

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
I like it when common phrases are trademarked. I shall now end every post the same way from now on.

P.S. Thanks.

MK Tha Rebel

Jun 12, 2009
Rigs83 said:
I don't know if they can match the awesomeness of the late 90's when they had gems like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Gi-QVudhA[/youtube]
And that's why Playstation Underground was so great: MST3K. Sony's gonna have to call up Rifftrax if they want PS Thanks to work.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
i think it will be neat to see what they're going to do with it

i'm just waiting for the home and trophy integration thing to happen and also giving rewards for getting certain trophies too

Strider_07

Aug 5, 2009
Hopefully it's something cool, like free games or demos or something. Hopefully I don't ever use thanks in a postscript again.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
I'm tempted to make anti-Sony remarks against this but...Ill be civil and wait till more is known. THEN I will bad-mouth it. Unless its actually ya know...good.

LaBambaMan

Jul 13, 2009
Does this mean that every time I write "P.S. Thanks" at the bottom of an e-mail I have to give Sony a nickel? Wait, it's Sony so it'll be more like $400.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
LaBambaMan said:
Does this mean that every time I write "P.S. Thanks" at the bottom of an e-mail I have to give Sony a nickel? Wait, it's Sony so it'll be more like $400.
And your email will be deleted for trademark infringement :p

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
After paying a ridiculous amount for a console then Beta testing their Home service and a couple of games for free, I think we deserve some gratitude.

I hope it is some sort of reward program for Trophies. That way they may not be completely worthless.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Anybody else reminded of when Donald Trump copyrighted the phrase "you're fired"?

Getting a vibe of deja vu here.

GonzoGamer said:
After paying a ridiculous amount for a console then Beta testing their Home service and a couple of games for free, I think we deserve some gratitude.

I hope it is some sort of reward program for Trophies. That way they may not be completely worthless.
Whoa. Easy there. No need to shove a pickaxe into Sony and make them bleed. I see this as a sort of trying to show that you did get your money's worth with the Ps3.

Of course you need to be patient to see what they're going to do.