Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Debuts

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Debuts

The first Grand Theft Auto V gameplay video is finally here, and it is hot.

There's not much to say about this one that isn't covered in the first line: What we've got here is nearly five minutes of Grand Theft Auto V, the game that Rockstar hopes will "reimagine the open-world game." It's unquestionably gorgeous, and the new ability to swap between three lead characters opens up some intriguing gameplay possibilities - as shown in the trailer, players can switch between perspectives during missions, and it appears that teamwork will be paramount.

In many ways it's the same old Grand Theft Auto, with cars, clothes, weirdos and a huge amount of things to see and do, but Rockstar claims "there's also been a huge focus on mechanics in the game, to make every aspect as fun and fluid as it is broad." Oh, and Grand Theft Auto Online. Sounds cool!

Anyway, enough of me. Grand Theft Auto V is scheduled to arrive on September 17 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Now watch and enjoy!

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Looks glorious. I would've just been happy as long as it was better than the bore-fest that is GTA IV but this is beyond what I expected.

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
Looks great, natch. I liked the tone / presentation of this video - do we have any idea who it was intended for? Because it seemed more interested in covering feature sets than your average hype-oriented commercial.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Looks great, I hope they don't go the super serious dark and gritty way they went with GTA IV.

Also GTA Online looks interesting, from that short snippet it seems like it'll be like the Just Cause 2 multiplayer mod that's indev.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
I'm somewhat having trouble forming proper thoughts.

I AM SO EXCITE

Gon' preorder this soon.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Great to hear that Rockstar's next GTA game will actually be a GTA game. I was quite cross when GTAIV turned out to be a Driver game.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Digging the Max Payne-ish combat controls, digging the "not boats" car driving, digging the frame-rate, digging the GTA SA features (clothes, tattoos, activities, etc...) and looking forward for GTA Online, I hope that its a bit closer to MTA SA then GTA IV.

Elijah Newton said:
Looks great, natch. I liked the tone / presentation of this video - do we have any idea who it was intended for? Because it seemed more interested in covering feature sets than your average hype-oriented commercial.
They started this trend with RDR, LA Noire and Max Payne 3 also had them and they are glorious since they are straight to the point and use actual awesome information and features to win the costumer instead of a misleading trailer. If the game is strong enough this kind of trailer can be even more powerfull then the "cutscenes with music" montage (funilly enough they do those too with their GTA games).

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Woah. I was prepared for some stunning city stuff but it looks like the city is only a backdrop in the whole area and it looks absolutely magnificent in every possible way.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
This looks better than I ever imagined, and I was already bloody excited.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Despite the fact that I feel like I just watched a time share video, the game looks like fun.
So the characters can get high on medical marijuana? Or is that just a segway animation: the guy walking out of the "dispensary."

Ironside

Mar 5, 2012
Looks great so far from what i've seen in that trailer - really hope it comes to PC.

Charcharo said:
Looks quite good actually! I just hope they up its looks when it comes to PC :p .
Hopefully it will be coming to PC and hopefully this time they won't make it a crappy unplayable port like they did with GTA 4.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Why would I ever need another video game when I can have this in a few months?

As for the PC version. It's all but confirmed. Rockstar is looking to hire someone to work as a graphics programmer on bringing their latest titles to PC platform. I don't think we even need an official confirmation.

I've seen the page where they announced that they are looking for that, but the page's been removed. Maybe they already hired someone. There's still this if you're interested in exactly what it said on their page:

http://www.rockstarwatch.net/news/1299/Leeds-job-posting-hints-at-GTAV-PC-port/

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
Co-Op for the main game please.

Digging the tennis and golf mini games.

abdul

Oct 27, 2012
It looks fantastic but I seriously doubt that this is current-gen footage.

Edit: Hmm,actually I take that back.After watching the video a couple of times,there are noticable pop-ins,lack of AA etc.I'm still worried about the possible framerate drops in the more intense gameplay sections,GTA 4 had some bad slowdowns on both consoles,RDR less so but this game will be way more detailed.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Ironside said:
Looks great so far from what i've seen in that trailer - really hope it comes to PC.

Charcharo said:
Looks quite good actually! I just hope they up its looks when it comes to PC :p .
Hopefully it will be coming to PC and hopefully this time they won't make it a crappy unplayable port like they did with GTA 4.
That's assuming they will want to bring it to the platform since it's their choice they may not like they did with Red Dead Redemption and the world kept spinning as always.

Still the game is looking amazing so far which means it's time to go grab myself a new PS3 slim model since my old model died a year or two back.