DuckTales: Remastered Officially Debuts Next Month

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
DuckTales: Remastered Officially Debuts Next Month

Wayforward Technologies' heavily-anticipated DuckTales: Remastered now has an official release date: August 13.

DuckTales: Remastered, a high-definition remake of Capcom's classic NES-era platforming adventure, is coming, and it's coming soon. According to an announcement made earlier this morning, developer WayForward Technologies and publisher Capcom have finally nailed down a release date for the downloadable game. Come August 13, DuckTales: Remastered will hit the PC, Wii U eShop and PlayStation Network. The Xbox Live Arcade incarnation of the game will arrive later, with Capcom promising a September 11 release for that title.

Further, Capcom also has plans to launch a PlayStation 3-exclusive retail version of the game. This particular package will feature a $20 price tag (as opposed to the $15 price attached to the digital version), but that extra bit of cash will earn players an "exclusive DuckTales Disney collector's pin" to go along with the game itself.

That video you see embedded at top-right was also part of this morning's announcement. It's described by Capcom as a "Duckumentary," which is an excessively punny way to say that it's a behind-the-scene featurette focused on the creation of DuckTales: Remastered. It's a good watch, as far as those sorts of things go, but don't expect anything too revelatory.

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
$15 Digital, and the eventual physical copy adds a small pin for an extra $5? Seems pretty good to me! Wonder when that disc version will be though.

A bit strange that the Xbox Live version is going to be almost a month later. Wonder why?

Regardless! I will definitely look forward to this game! Very nice video as well!

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Good lord I am PUMPED to play me some Ducktales! I wonder if it's going to be as ball-bustingly difficult as the original game. Good lord that one was pretty brutal, but still fun as hell.

And damnit, every time I see an article or blurb about this game the theme song gets stuck in my head for three days. The headache it induces hurts sooooooo good. :3