Pikmin 3 Review - Tiny, Terrific, Tactical

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Pikmin 3 Review - Tiny, Terrific, Tactical

Pikmin 3 proves that nearly a decade after the release of Pikmin 2, the series? unique gameplay is still fun, fresh, and inventive.

Read Full Article

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
The single most exciting thing about this to me is the throwaway mention that you can play with a pro controller. I hate the wiimote, and found the wii release of Pikmin awful, so the the option to play with an actual controller makes me far more interested in this than I expected.

Dec 14, 2009
I got this game last week, so I've had a while to play around with it.

It controls well, and the ability to switch between 3 characters is great for getting lots of small tasks done a lot quicker.

A very charming, fun game.

Also, I'm surprised by how I never get bored with the end of level sequences when fruit gets juiced. All that delicious juice.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Well this was a positive surprise!
I didn't think it would be out in Europe yet, been having loads of other things to do, but I'll head for a game store next week to get this for sure!

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
major_chaos said:
The single most exciting thing about this to me is the throwaway mention that you can play with a pro controller. I hate the wiimote, and found the wii release of Pikmin awful, so the the option to play with an actual controller makes me far more interested in this than I expected.
You absolutely can. You can play it with the GamePad too. Controls well every way you can play.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
I really hope this game does well. Regardless of whether or not the Wii U is selling, it's a phenomenal game. Incredibly well put together, full of charm, stuffed to the gills with content, and it just feels so nice to play.
It did extremely well in Japan, so hopefully it will do well here.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Just three more days for the U.S. ^.^ I'm glad the general consensus about the game is really positive from all the reviews I've seen.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I'm honestly still reeling from the fact Pikmin 2 was made, let alone 3! I played the first one and was convinced it'd be one of those games everyone plays but no one wants to admit it wasn't fun, like Pokesnap, Mario Kart or Metal Gear 2. Just one of those games everyone says they like to fit in, but when its put away everyone breathes a sigh of relief.

Crazy ass world, eh?

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I got it a day before release, my local independent game shop just had it on the shelf. It's bloody brilliant, and I'm honestly surprised the graphics that Nontendo have been able to pull off on such outdated hardware; I'd personally say it looks better than The Last of Us. I do prefer using the wiimote though, the game pad and pro controls are decent but I just can't get used to them.

San Martin

Jun 21, 2013
I WANT IT NOW BUT I DON'T HAVE A WIIU MY LIFE IS AN ENDLESS STREAM OF SUFFERING AND TOIL AND MISERY AND...

Wait a minute...I have a Gamecube in the attic...and a copy of Pikmin 2.

No one speak to me for the next week, I'm going to replay the whole thing whilst crying into my cereal because I can't buy the sequel.