DuckTales: Remastered Review - Like a Hurricane

Encaen

May 6, 2005
DuckTales: Remastered Review - Like a Hurricane

It?s nearly impossible to talk about DuckTales without an exclamatory ?Woo-oo!?

Read Full Article

BrainWalker

Aug 6, 2009
I'm not going to lie, I was pretty jazzed when I saw that this was out. And then I was slightly less jazzed to see that it was $15. Maybe I've been ruined by Steam sales, but I feel like if this was $10, it would be an insta-buy. I already feel like Virtual Console games are overpriced, so maybe that's where this is coming from, since it's a remake of a classic game. Or maybe I just need to get over myself.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Capcom has been spearheading a radical nostalgia movement in videogames thus far in 2013, delighting the aging fanbase with classic retro titles remade for the current generation of gaming.
Imagine if Mega Man X got this treatment....*drools all over himself*

OT: I went back and played the original game...THAT one is hard as all hell. o.o

Seriously, I remember playing it as a kid and being able to essentially breeze right through it. I go back to try it again and I'm thinking to myself "God DAMN! How'd I ever beat this?!"

Still, I'm looking forward to picking this up.

Scott Rothman

Feb 2, 2012
so so so so so so excited for this. Really excited to hear updated versions of all of the songs

captcha: boogie woogie

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Will probably buy this one. I didn't own it as a kid, but I borrowed it from a friend and played it quite a bit. Never managed to beat it though.

And yes, I clicked Scrooge McDuck. I listened to it at least 20 times. :D

fwiffo

Sep 12, 2011
BrainWalker said:
I'm not going to lie, I was pretty jazzed when I saw that this was out. And then I was slightly less jazzed to see that it was $15. Maybe I've been ruined by Steam sales, but I feel like if this was $10, it would be an insta-buy. I already feel like Virtual Console games are overpriced, so maybe that's where this is coming from, since it's a remake of a classic game. Or maybe I just need to get over myself.
I think its the steam sales. I picked up dishonored for $10 during this summer's sale. Duck tales is great, but there are so many great games out there for $10-$15. Wishlisted for now, getting Guacamelee instead.

CelestDaer

Mar 25, 2013
Clicked the Scrooge, with noise on in another window, heard nothing, saw nothing, clicked again, multiple times, and then I heard the music layered over itself...

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Yeah thanks for the badge and music that will not leave me for several years! You have fun implementing that one?

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Link to what is truly important, the new moon theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sgNFH3OiJg

Otherwise totally picking it up when its on sale ^^
Also best badge ever except perhaps for the red button, now whenever i need a ducktales fix i just have to click on the badge.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
Recieved a duck tales badge for just looking at the article

Someone at the Escapist is a big Duck Tales fan methinks :)