Capcom Essentials Pack Delivers 5 Games For $60

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Capcom Essentials Pack Delivers 5 Games For $60

Capcom wants you to play its games, and to that end the company is launching a five-game pack of its best titles from this current console generation with a $60 price tag.

As we near the end of the console generation, developers are increasingly repackaging their older titles for those who may have missed them the first time. How many high-definition remakes have we seen over the past few years? How many retro games have been re-released on modern digital distribution platforms? Now Capcom has decided to go all-in with this strategy and come October 8, the company is launching a huge compilation of recent games.

Officially dubbed the "Capcom Essentials" collection, this package is slated to retail for $60 and will include five games: Dead Rising 2, Devil May Cry 4, Mega Man 10, Super Street Fighter IV, and Resident Evil 6. With the exception of that last title (which is widely seen as the black sheep of the Resident Evil franchise), all of these games were largely adored by critics and fans alike, and if you haven't played them previously the ability to pick up all five games at once for the price of a single, new retail release should be enticing.

Pre-orders on the Capcom Essentials pack are now available, and Capcom has promised to host a number of community events centered on these games in the run up to its release.

Speaking personally, I already have all of these games sitting somewhere in my apartment, but what about those of you who missed them the first time they were released? Are you excited for this? Is this an awesome deal, or just Capcom rehashing its old inventory to squeeze a few more dollars out of its existing fanbase before we're inundated with new consoles? The comments are below. Sound off.

Source: Capcom Unity [http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2013/08/14/capcom-essentials-5-games-for-the-price-of-1-out-on-october-8-for-ps3-and-xbox-360]

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
I kinda wish they would bring the first Dead Rising to PC. I know they're busy with DR3, but still, I just want to try out the first one.

woodaba

May 31, 2011
Wow, that is a godawful deal. I could pick up the good games at half that price, and ditch Resident Evil 6 out in the trash where it belongs. Hell, Mega Man 10 is less than a tenner, and it isn't even as good as Mega Man 9! I guess this is just Capcom beating on these dead horses.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
I don't get it who's this bundle for again?
Dead Rising 2; I'm tired of Dead Rising I didn't like the first one and the 2nd one just got boring really fast
Devil May Cry 4 is dirt cheap and the Collection is better than 4
Mega Man 10 is not worth any money when 9 is still there
Super Street Fighter IV... REALLY?! Ultra Street Fighter IV is coming out with more balances and new characters why would you want that outdated version?

so really you're paying $20 more for these old ass games!

what do you mean there's still another game? All I see is a paper weight with 2 giraffes

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
I bet I could buy all of those games used for cheaper than that retail price.

I wouldn't consider them Capcom's best anyway. Dead Rising 2 and DMC 4, sure, but Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil 5: Gold would have been better picks than Mega Man or RE6.

Not to mention ripping gamers off with Super SFIV. With Ultra coming in 2014, the least they could do is pack in the Arcade Edition. That's another $15 bones on top of the $15 Ultra will cost.

Capcom. Masters of Rebranding.

RedmistSM

Jan 30, 2010
Aren't most of those games in bargain bins by now? I know DMC 4 at least sells for a very low amount. And both Super Street Fighter 4 and Dead Rising 2 are one Capcom "update" behind.

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
How nice of them. Meanwhile if you go to humblebundle.com you can get Dead Space 2 and 3, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Mirror's Edge, and Medal of Honor all for $1.

... Capcom really do suck at this don't they?