Pokemon CGI Trailer Teases New 3D Pokemon Game

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Pokemon CGI Trailer Teases New 3D Pokemon Game

Could we be looking at a Wii U version of Pokemon Colosseum?

Over the weekend, the Pokemon Game Show took place in Japan, and ended with this neat little "History of Pokemon" CGI trailer that takes us through the different games, trading cards and other products over the years. It finishes with a Pokemon X and Y teaser, but directly after that, the screen turns to static, and very briefly shows us an image of 3D models of Lucario and Blaziken in glorious high-definition about to face off.

Nothing is confirmed at this point, but given the deliberateness of the scene, and how unrelated it is to the rest of the video, it definitely looks like Game Freak is teasing a new 3D Pokemon game. We may be looking at a Pokemon Colosseum-type game for the Wii U.

We could also be looking at something completely new, like the Pokemon MMO people have been dreaming of for years, or perhaps a Pokmeon fighting game? On the other hand, it may just be a promo for a new anime, or they may just be showing off some cool 3D models.

The Pokemon Game Show was also where a new Pokemon anime set in the first generation [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126953-New-Pokemon-Anime-Is-Set-In-The-First-Generation] was revealed.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/17/this-history-of-pokemon-video-ends-with-a-mysterious-tease/]

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
I'd like a Colosseum game since I missed out on all the other ones, though a fighting game would be REALLY nice.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
No Colosseum (It gave me a headache and I didn't care for the plot). But I would love a new Pokemon Stadium.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I want a new pokemon snap game.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
It is to bad that Gamefreak confirmed that they are never gonna make a mainstream pokemon game for a console. This will be somehting like Pokemon Battle Revolution or Pokemon XD or something.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Solo-Wing said:
It is to bad that Gamefreak confirmed that they are never gonna make a mainstream pokemon game for a console. This will be somehting like Pokemon Battle Revolution or Pokemon XD or something.
That makes me extremely sad as I loved Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness a lot. Killed my love I had for double battles, but that in the end proved to be a good thing for me. :D

OT: Well since my hopes have been dashed by Solo-Wing I'll just have to hope for another Pokemon Snap game. I mean come on the Wii U's Gamepad is like perfect for another Pokemon Snap game! >.<
I mean for me I despised Battle Revolution for some reason, but I do however love the first two Stadium games and own them.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Crazy conspiracy theory: after Pokemon Stadium games had better minigames than Mario Party, Nintendo is actually sabotaging efforts to make a 'real' console pokemon game for fear of it being TOO good compared to what the Nintendo label is putting out.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Not a huge fan Colosseum and XD, but I AM a huge fan of the stadium games.

Such a shame that they, I think, shifted focus from lots of battle peripherals (like the specialty cups, rental pokemon, minigames, built-in emulator, versus modes, challenges etc) of the stadiums to a single player adventure that wasn't all that exciting, butchering the 3D games' versus modes in the process.

I haven't played Revolution, but I've heard that game has a poor choice of modes and bells n' whistles compared to the Stadiums as well.

So I guess I hope this new 3D has been passed on to someone who is not Genius Sonority. Their pokemon spin-offs are pretty much the only ones I haven't thoroughly enjoyed.

I don't care if it isn't a new stadium, if it tries what Colosseum and XD went for... so long as it's better than the last three console poke's.

Snowblindblitz

Apr 30, 2011
"Gamefreak announces full console Wii-u pokemon game expanding across all generations and regions as you get Red's full story as greatest trainer in history, complete with 3-d visuals and expanded, terrain based battle system.

Sony and microsoft cancel their consoles, quoted saying "We don't have time to lose money"."

Man can dream.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I admit the showreel or whatever you called of that video is pretty cool. Funny how Pikachu walking by the previous games and going "suo bro" to thsoe game starters.
If it is a new Colosseum then that's great but that still won't get me an Wii U.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Intriguing. While I definitely wouldn't be against a new Colosseum or Stadium game, I called a Pokemon Snap game for the Wii U ages ago, so I hope it might be this, if only to prove me right =P

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Both Lucario and Blaziken are fighting types, and in the background there's the symbol for fighting types... that might mean it's a pokemon themed fighting game. But that's the symbol in the trading card game, so the reveal might be more related to that instead.

medv4380

The Crazy One
Feb 26, 2010
I'd say it's more likely a genuine Pokemon game, or MMO. The final scene looks more like actual footage. If that's true it's at the standard angle that the fights happen at in the main game. If it was a strait up fighting game I'd expect the angle to be more horizontal like Street Fighter, and if it was like Rumble or Colosseum I'd expect it to to have a higher,or lower, angle, and more centered. It would be easier to tell if they had more of a HUD other than that thing in the upper right hand corner. If this is a Wii U title the HUD would mostly be on the tablet anyways so I wont expect any more detail in future shots.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Neronium said:
Solo-Wing said:
That makes me extremely sad as I loved Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness a lot. Killed my love I had for double battles, but that in the end proved to be a good thing for me. :D

OT: Well since my hopes have been dashed by Solo-Wing I'll just have to hope for another Pokemon Snap game. I mean come on the Wii U's Gamepad is like perfect for another Pokemon Snap game! >.<
I mean for me I despised Battle Revolution for some reason, but I do however love the first two Stadium games and own them.
When I said mainstream I meant like the handheld formula games. Get your starter, get 8 badges while fighting a team, Pokemon league. Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness were not the mainstream games. They were spin-off titles. Same with the Stadium and Battle revolution games. That HD game will probably be a Spin-off game that is cross compatible with XY.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I would love a 3D Pokemon fighting game, it would be nice to have total control over a Pokemon's movements for once, like the Poke Park games seem to have. I hope it would not be only limited to fighting types, although that would make a lot of sense. How amazing would it be to have a roster of more than 700 Pokemon, including the new X and Y Pokemon in one big game?

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Solo-Wing said:
When I said mainstream I meant like the handheld formula games. Get your starter, get 8 badges while fighting a team, Pokemon league. Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness were not the mainstream games. They were spin-off titles. Same with the Stadium and Battle revolution games. That HD game will probably be a Spin-off game that is cross compatible with XY.
Welp that's enough hope for me to want another game like Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness. I honestly don't know why I didn't like Battle Revolution, as I adored Stadium 1 and 2, and still have them as well.
Heck another Hey You Pikachu game would be fun too since would could talk into the Gamepad or something and use the stylus for petting Pikachu. XD
And for the record yes I do have Hey You Pikachu on the N64 as well as the mic peripheral.

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
Aerosteam said:
Both Lucario and Blaziken are fighting types, and in the background there's the symbol for fighting types... that might mean it's a pokemon themed fighting game. But that's the symbol in the trading card game, so the reveal might be more related to that instead.
Hero of Lime said:
I would love a 3D Pokemon fighting game, it would be nice to have total control over a Pokemon's movements for once, like the Poke Park games seem to have. I hope it would not be only limited to fighting types, although that would make a lot of sense. How amazing would it be to have a roster of more than 700 Pokemon, including the new X and Y Pokemon in one big game?
Well guys, looks like you might be in luck. The Pokemon Company have apparently filed two trademarks in the US. Pokken Fighters and Pokken Tournament. If I was to guess Pokken Fighters could be a fighting style game (like Tekken) and Pokken Tournament could be the Wii U's Pokemon Stadium. Though they could both be involved in the same thing.

Source:Serebii

Tropicaz

Aug 7, 2012
Have they ever said why they wouldnt do a MMO and/or open world pokemon? I cant imagine it wouldnt be lucrative.