A Saint In The White House: The Campaign Trail

Robert Rath

Oct 8, 2010
A Saint In The White House: The Campaign Trail

A document recovered from the presidential library of The Boss lets us know exactly what went on in the completely verified presidency of the America's Greatest Hero (tm).

Read Full Article

sid

Jan 22, 2013
It took me a few paragraphs to realize you were referring to THAT saint, couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the article

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Doesn't sound like anything a little spin can't handle ^_-

Slightly different from your usual articles, but a great read.

Robert Rath

Oct 8, 2010
Kargathia said:

True story: I tried to write a normal CritIntel column about Saints Row for four days. It was on the psychology of why we love doing gonzo stuff and causing destruction in open-world games, but ended up having to scrap the thing because it's nearly impossible to write about Saints Row seriously. The whole article just refused to work.

So you got this instead - glad you enjoyed it!

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
This was a fun read, nicely done. It captures the spirit of the games fairly well and I chuckled throughout.

ThriKreen

May 26, 2006
Robert Rath said:
A document recovered from the presidential library of The Boss lets us know exactly what went on in the completely verified presidency of the America's Greatest Hero (tm).
As someone who worked on SR3 (but not SR4 sadly), this amuses me greatly.

If you haven't shared it with any Volition people, I can pass it along. =D

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
Robert Rath said:
Kargathia said:

True story: I tried to write a normal CritIntel column about Saints Row for four days. It was on the psychology of why we love doing gonzo stuff and causing destruction in open-world games, but ended up having to scrap the thing because it's nearly impossible to write about Saints Row seriously. The whole article just refused to work.

Yanno, maybe you should use that idea for an article in the future, I'd love to read about that.

This one was very fun, however. And I think sometimes, that's fine. Very fine indeed.

MrCollins

Power Vacuumer
Jun 28, 2010
Great article, nice change of pace from some of the headier stuff.
It would make a great sketch if this kind of thing was shot in a West Wing Style. Like the dealing with crysis long shot in the pilot.

Ace Morologist

Apr 25, 2013
First Thought:

"You jumped the boat onto the barge? I totally did that too!"

Second Thought:

"Hm... I guess EVERYBODY jumps that boat onto the barge. How could you not?"

--Morology!

broca

Apr 30, 2013
Yeah, that was really funny. Here's hoping that you will have problems writing a serious article again sometime ;-)

Matthi205

Mar 8, 2012
I remember not blowing the tower up, just so I could crash the WWII warbird into it time and again :p .

The article is great, and very funny, but not in the classical SR way... guess you can't write about SR in the SR style.

The Knightly Gamer

Jan 5, 2011
that was great. One of the funniest things I have read in a long time. I would love to see more articles like this one were we see another side to a video game world.

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
Rufus Shinra said:
Dammit, I'm at work! You shouldn't make me laugh out loud like THAT!
I feel your pain, I'm in the same situation. I'm just lucky the desks around me are largely empty today xD

That was a fantastic article. Poor Kinzie *hugs*

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
this is hands down one of the best articles I've read in all the many years I've been browsing the Escapist. It does help a great deal though that I love the SR franchise as much as I do. But really I can not understate my love...this seems like the just the sort of thing that would be done by Volition and posted on their website or that would come from the mind Kenzie if she and the Saints were real.

Robert Rath

Oct 8, 2010
ThriKreen said:
Robert Rath said:
As someone who worked on SR3 (but not SR4 sadly), this amuses me greatly.

If you haven't shared it with any Volition people, I can pass it along. =D
Thank you, and no, I don't have any contacts at Volition - so please do! Loved SR3 and am looking forward to SR4, which actually comes out in Asia today. In fact, I'm probably heading to Wan Chai or Kowloon to pick it up tomorrow.

Thanks!

oliver.begg

Oct 7, 2010
the scareiest thing is that enoguh PR could ensure, all these "hi-jinks" would make you look like a better alterantive then some real politicans.

with out the spin its about equal

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Robert Rath said:
Kargathia said:

It was an unusual Critical Intel; not as interesting as usual as it clearly wasn't a factual piece, but very funny. Suitably 'Sainty'.

Btw, they didn't even mention the property damage due to septic truck.