Mighty No. 9 Adds Next-Gen Stretch Goal

Michael Epstein

Sep 9, 2013
Mighty No. 9 Adds Next-Gen Stretch Goal

[kickstarter=mightyno9/mighty-no-9]

Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune's Kickstarter, Mighty No. 9, may be headed to next-gen consoles... If the price is right.

A backer update on the Mighty No. 9 debut at PAX [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/593460] last month, Mighty No. 9 raised just over $1.9 million on Kickstarter, surpassing its initial $900,000 goal.

"We know by the time the game ships in 2015, many of you will be proud owners of one next-gen system or the other -- or maybe both," the post reads. "If we reach this level of funding, we can add the PS4 and the Xbox One to the list for every backer getting the digital version of Mighty No. 9 to choose from!"

Though next-gen versions are on the table now, backers are still a long way off from raising the funds to get the game onto PS4 and Xbox One. To date, Kickstarter has not raised the $2.2 million needed to bring the game to PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U.

Aside from next-gen versions, the new stretch goals include a "boss rush" mode, a level-remixing "challenge mode," and a ninth, "final" level. Though 3DS and Vita versions weren't on the list, Comcept mentions that handheld versions are "still a possibility" down the road. Comcept says the 3DS and/or Vita versions may be possible even without additional public funding; "There might be other ways to make this happen (besides stretch goals) that we are currently investigating."

If everything goes according to plan, Mighty No. 9 will be released April, 2015.

Source: Kickstarter [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/593460]

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
What I find funny is that the wii-u is treated as a current gen system in the way the game is being released and in the way the article writes it too. I mean, it's true but still it doesn't cease to be funny.

search_rip

Jan 6, 2009
so far the Kickstarter has reach $1,923,099 with still 22 days to go, I'm sooo hyper for how great is doing Mighty No. 9 :D

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
By 2015 we'll be over a year into the next gen. It would be kind of stupid not to put it on those platforms.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
I contributed, as much as a middle finger to Capcom as to support the game.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
AS far as I'm concerned, the massive outpouring of support for this project is even more proof of Crapcom's claims that Legends 3 and Universe were canceled because the fans weren't interested being complete bullshit.

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
That Beck and Call Co-op stretch goal sounds really great, though that extra stage and boss sounds nice too.

I have never watched a kickstarter as it is in progress, so I have no idea if the amount of some of those stretch goals is a bit optimistic, particularly the Next gen one. Then again, I've heard that the last few days is when projects usually get a big influx in funds, so who knows?

Still, at least going from one stretch goal to another is not some big jump. Each one is just the right amount away from each other, almost like it constantly gives people an incentive to keep backing. Regardless, they are already adding a bunch of stuff, so its not exactly a big loss.

BTW, that Mighty Number 1 is pretty damn boss. I love his design.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
That's great to hear. Now if only the Shante kickstarter was doing this good as well...

EstrogenicMuscle

Sep 7, 2012
I'm much, much more interested in that co-op stretch goal, personally.

Call could become like the heroic Roll we never had.
I'm really glad that they're listening to fans on stuff like this.