Princess Peach Confirmed for Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Princess Peach Confirmed for Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U

The veteran pink princess stays on the roster for another series installment.

She's been slapping challengers and floating her way across stages since Super Smash Bros. Melee on the GameCube, and now Princess Peach will be a fighter for the third time in the fighting series. The princess is the 15th character included on the roster for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. So far, she is one of 12 recurring characters -- the three new challengers thus far being Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and the Animal Crossing Villager.

With the announcement of Peach's inclusion, the site also published several screenshots of Peach's moves, several of which look familiar. In one screenshot, Peach swings her hips backward into Fox and in another she uses Toad to cancel the damage from a very surprised Mario.

In previous games, Peach has been a light to medium hitter with some attacks that lag behind similar moves from other characters, but she boasts excellent horizontal recovery thanks to her floating ability and parasol.

It's unknown how many characters will be included in the roster, but director Masahiro Sakurai has said he plans to cut some old characters from the Brawl roster [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125115-Smash-Bros-Director-Is-Stressed-Out-Deciding-The-Roster]. With every new characters, a recurring character may not return. Will Zelda, our other Nintendo princess, return?

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U is planned to launch in 2014.

Source: Nintendo [http://www.smashbros.com/us/#peach]

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Honestly I would hope for Snake and Sonic to Return, but I find that less likely. Even though Sonic, more or less belongs to Nintendo these days. No officially, but might as well.

RogueportJack

Jun 13, 2013
Why the fuck haven't they confirmed Yoshi yet? Why does every character from the original 8 get an appearance in the first trailer except for him?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Zelda and Ganondorf's inclusion should be assumed I would hope. Zelda/Shiek's always been a fan-favorite and she's ZELDA for crying out loud! Hopefully they overhaul Ganon's move-set so he's no longer a Captain Falcon clone.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Oh good, though that's pretty expected.
Now we can only hope they'll change her super smash.

It would be shocking if Zelda doesn't return. To me, that's pretty much a given as well.