Pokemon X and Y Trailer Reveals English Names, Fashion Styles

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Pokemon X and Y Trailer Reveals English Names, Fashion Styles

<youtube=3qQPNO9D8rw>​
Going on a journey in the same outfit everyday is so 2012.

Nintendo released an English trailer for Pokemon X and Y containing the information from the Japanese CoroCoro magazine [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127682-Pokemon-X-and-Y-Starters-Middle-Evolutions-Are-Revealed], but now we have the localized information. The English names for the starters' middle evolutions are as follows: Chespin evolves into Quilladin, Fennekin evolves into Braixen, and Froakie evolves into Frogadier.

The past Pokemon games have included very little customization, but it looks like X and Y are changing that around. Players can use the boutiques and salon in various cities to change the character's outfit -- including clothes, hat, shoes, and accessories -- and hair. These changes will be represented online in the Player Search System and Pokemon Global Link. Each boutique in the game has its own style along with preset styles. Beyond character customization, players can groom Furfrou, a poodle Pokemon. The more Furfrou is groomed, the more styling options are available for the Pokemon. When it is not groomed, its fur will grow back to its original long and shaggy appearance.

A few new Pokemon were introduced as well, including meowstic, a psychic-type Pokemon with different forms along with different moves depending on its gender.

The official Pokemon website [http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/characters/team_flare/] also updated their site with pictures of Team Flare and their top scientists who hope to change the world. They each have slightly different outfits and hairstyles, but the requirement for everyone else in Team Flare is to have bright red suits with matching sunglasses and red hair.

Source: YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qQPNO9D8rw]

vid87

May 17, 2010
Mewtwo: "Witness the power of my many transformations, each more fearsome than death itself!"

Seriously, if his "rival" relationship ala Seviper and Zangoose is a legendary golden monkey I just wouldn't be surprised at this point.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
So basically Mewtwo is now Frieza ?

Tyrunt was my favorite amoung those they have shown.

nasteypenguin

Mar 2, 2011
vid87 said:
Mewtwo: "Witness the power of my many transformations, each more fearsome than death itself!"

Seriously, if his "rival" relationship ala Seviper and Zangoose is a legendary golden monkey I just wouldn't be surprised at this point.
That'll be Mews mega evolution, he'll change colour and grow bigger ears.

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Pokemon, for making a Mega Mewtwo that doesn't *suck* as hard as Mega Mewtwo Y. That is the ugliest thing, and not even in the "genetic mutation" way. You put a *tail* on his *head* and turned his *digits* into *blobs.*

No. No no no no. Mega Mewtwo X is only Mega Mewtwo. I know which game I'll be buying now.

...Also add some tears of sadness that Mewtwo finally got a "Mewthree" sort of form and neither of them look cool enough...

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
How much you wanna bet that all the female player character customization items are going to be very girly?

And poor Furfrou's forms/hair styles are so ridiculous. And male Meowstic looks so much better than the female counterpart, not to mention gets the better move.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
How the hell do you pronounce Fennekins second evo? :')

Also, Tyrunt...That mo'fo is going on my team! talk about awesome!

I'm still thinking Chespin is the best starter despite his Evo...Here is hoping the Nut sprouts into an awesome looking killer plant pokemon!