Rumor: Leaked GTA V Config Code Reveals PC, PS4 Versions

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Rumor: Leaked GTA V Config Code Reveals PC, PS4 Versions

The code comes from a pirated version of Grand Theft Auto V for Xbox 360.

Grand Theft Auto V isn't technically out until tomorrow, but it hasn't stopped pirates from getting their grubby little hands on it. And pirates, being the crafty little buggers they are, aren't just playing the game, they are disassembling it and poking around in its guts. As such, code from a configuration file allegedly coming from a pirated Xbox 360 version of the game has appeared on pastebin [http://pastebin.com/2LEFU9Tp], and apparently points towards a PC and PS4 version of the game.

Here are two screen-grabs of the relevant sections of code:

The PC code is fairly obvious, and if you're wondering what the hell "Orbis" is, it was the original code name of the PS4 back when the dev kits were being handed out to developers.

Take this all with a grain of salt however, it is after all, the word of a pirate, and could have been entirely faked. But given GTA's history of releasing on PC, and the fact that the PS4 and Xbox One are right around the corner, it does seem pretty likely that we will see a next-gen release of the game at some point.

Source & Images: Dualshockers [http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/15/alleged-grand-theft-auto-leaked-source-code-reveals-ps4-and-pc-versions/]

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
Well this is hopeful I guess, but I won't hold my breath until it's announced and it's a better port than the god-awful GTA4 port.

taciturnCandid

Dec 1, 2010
No love for the Wii U it seems. I would think people would love to jump up on the Wii U wagon if they had GTA 5

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Ponyholder said:
Mcoffey said:
Hopefully this means the PC version will release simultaneously with the Xbone/PS4. It'd kinda suck if it made it to four consoles with still no sign of a proper PC release.
I just don't want to wait as long we did for GTA IV on PC. Not to mention that version sucked balls, but that is for another rant.

Make this happen Rockstar! ALSO BRING ME RED DEAD ON PC!
It's been 3 years since Redemption came out, I can't see Rockstar suddenly out of nowhere releasing it for the PC at this point in time.

That and you could easily get it dirt cheap brand new online for either of the two current consoles.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
taciturnCandid said:
No love for the Wii U it seems. I would think people would love to jump up on the Wii U wagon if they had GTA 5
I'd love to play GTA V on the U (would also bolster the library I reckon), especially when using the gamepad as a map/ character select and weapon inventory along with displayed objectives.

Really wish Rockstar would chip in for the U sometime seeing as how the console could handle their games and a nice increase in the library is a bonus incentive.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Ponyholder said:
Mcoffey said:
Hopefully this means the PC version will release simultaneously with the Xbone/PS4. It'd kinda suck if it made it to four consoles with still no sign of a proper PC release.
I just don't want to wait as long we did for GTA IV on PC. Not to mention that version sucked balls, but that is for another rant.

Make this happen Rockstar! ALSO BRING ME RED DEAD ON PC!
It's been 3 years since Redemption came out, I can't see Rockstar suddenly out of nowhere releasing it for the PC at this point in time.

That and you could easily get it dirt cheap brand new online for either of the two current consoles.
Can't see them releasing RDD for the PC? similar things happened in past. There have been PC versions that came out years after their console release.

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
And the surprise is?

Rockstar do this every single time they've released a new GTA since Vice City for crying out loud. First release on consoles, then six to eight months later release on the PC. It's a dick move I'll grant you, but it's just how they roll.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Doom972 said:
Can't see them releasing RDD for the PC? similar things happened in past. There have been PC versions that came out years after their console release.
I'm very sure that has happened to many a game before.

I was also trying to convey that some who have yet to play it in the meantime can still buy it cheaply on the two consoles or choose to wait for however long it takes for Rockstar to decide on making a PC version.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
If this gets released on next gen consoles how much you wanna bet it'll be a more "complete" version of this game?

I don't mind personally. Whatever platform I'd play this on I'd want free online, so PS4 and either Xbox console would be out anyway.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
After what a poor port GTA IV was I really don't see myself buying GTA V until it's on sale for 15 or less dollars. I just don't feel like I can trust rockstar to deliver a quality port any more.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
Take this all with a grain of salt, however, it is, after all, the word of a pirate and could have been entirely faked.
I won't pretend to be qualified to be a news editor, and I admit that I think this sentence is technically correct. It is, however, awkward as hell to read. A few too many commas in there for my brain to quickly parse its meaning anyway.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Ponyholder said:
GTA PC threads will always involve rants, it's the nature of the beast. I bought the PC game at launch, played it for less than an hour then uninstalled it. The news of a possible GTAV PC port tickles my fancy, so I reinstalled 4 and fully patched it. It's playable, and fun now.

Back on topic; Hard to say what this means, the games are built on PCs then ported over. It could just be left over scrap code.