Resident Evil 2 Comes to Life at Universal Studios' Horror Nights

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Resident Evil 2 Comes to Life at Universal Studios' Horror Nights

Capcom has unveiled images showing off the Resident Evil-themed Escape From Raccoon City maze from Universal Studio's upcoming Halloween events.

As far as I'm concerned, Resident Evil 2 is pretty much the epitome of horror videogames. Besides arguably having the best story and pacing of the older entries in the franchise, it also possesses probably one of the creepiest and atmospheric settings. The ruined Raccoon City is just eerie from the get-go, to the point that I can picture nothing cooler or creepier than being able to taking a stroll down its zombie infested streets.

Thanks to the Universal Studios theme park, that might be a dream/nightmare that's not outside of the bounds of possibility. A few weeks ago Capcom and the amusement park revealed Halloween Horror Nights events.

[gallery=1773]

Now, Capcom has released photos from the maze that look just about spot on. Granted, there aren't any zombies yet, but you'd still have to be madly critical not to be wowed by how closely the park's personnel have recreated the look and feel of the environments in those games.

The Escape from Raccoon City attraction is, of course, not the first time a videogame has made waves at Universal Studios. <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK2ul-q1Kf4&feature=youtu.be>Silent Hill had its own attraction featured during the 2012 Horror Nights event. Resident Evil, of course, invests in different kinds of disturbing than Silent Hill, but we still imagine that Escape From Raccoon City will be a blast. Fans interested in checking out the attraction can attend Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights which will run "select nights from September 20th to November 2nd.

Source: <a href=http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2013/09/12/first-shots-of-the-re2-themed-maze-at-universal-orlando>Capcom Unity

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
As interesting as this is... I'll be sticking to Busch Garden's Howl-O-Scream. As a Florida resident, I've been to both, and Howl-O-Scream is better in my opinion.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
They could just be HDR photography, but those photos REALLY look like renders. I guess that is a testament to the skill of the designers.

sirjeffofshort

Oct 2, 2012
I'm SO there. I've kicked myself so much for living within 20 minutes of Universal L.A. and not going to Silent Hill last year.

ADDENDUM: I just realized it's Orlando... Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... Maybe I'll hop a plane.

Mrkillhappy

Sep 18, 2012
Oh how I wish I could go to this event I'm still disappointed that I couldn't make it to the Silent Hill Attraction they had in L.A last year. I really hope that someone records the trail and puts the video on Youtube since I can't make it to Orlando.

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
Lono Shrugged said:
They could just be HDR photography, but those photos REALLY look like renders. I guess that is a testament to the skill of the designers.
That would actually be quite an amazing feat if the designers managed to make the real environments look just like the pre-rendered PS1 backgrounds. It'd probably be a bit confusing, but definitely something worth seeing.

schrodinger

Jul 19, 2013
sweet, went to HHH strictly for the silent hill attraction last year and gonna do the same for resident evil for this year. Does this mean I'll be seeing Brad getting face raped by nemesis again? This is going to be interesting.

Leemaster777 said:
As interesting as this is... I'll be sticking to Busch Garden's Howl-O-Scream. As a Florida resident, I've been to both, and Howl-O-Scream is better in my opinion.
I haven't been to Howl-o-scream in a few years, but do you know if they've been improving?

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
schrodinger said:
sweet, went to HHH strictly for the silent hill attraction last year and gonna do the same for resident evil for this year. Does this mean I'll be seeing Brad getting face raped by nemesis again? This is going to be interesting.

Leemaster777 said:
I haven't been to Howl-o-scream in a few years, but do you know if they've been improving?
I'll be honest, I can't say for sure. I didn't go last year, and the year before that, I went to Halloween Horror Nights instead... which I didn't enjoy as much as Howl-O-Scream. So it's been a couple years for me as well.