Gamefly Opens Digital Storefront, Discounts 2K Games Library

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Gamefly Opens Digital Storefront, Discounts 2K Games Library

Gamefly has opened Gamefly Digital, its new online storefront, and is celebrating by slashing prices on its library of 2K Games titles.

Do you like cheap games? Of course you do! Who doesn't when you really get down to it? As far as we've heard there's no sect of gamers that gets its personal jollies from laying down their hard earned cash on a game that's full price. That in mind, if there are any titles from 2K's publishing library that you've had your eyes on, you might want to swing over to Gamefly's fancy new <a href=http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/pc>digital storefront where the publisher's products, including Bioshock: Infinite, Borderlands 2, and XCOM: Enemy Unknown, are currently riding a wave of heavy discounts.

Where previously Gamefly had based its business on game rental accounts, the new storefront represents the results of the company's desire to expand its horizons and join the digital sales game. The 2K sale (up to 80 percent off), in turn, was put in place to celebrate Gamefly Digital's launch. In addition to the price drops, players who buy a full-sized 2K game will receive Mafia II as a complimentary gift as thanks for their patronage.

While the internet is already pretty well filled to the brim with digital game stores, it never hurts to have another. There's no way to tell, of course, if Gamefly Digital will be a success, but now that its doors are open there's no point in overlooking the fruits of Gamefly's labor. If there's a 2K Game you've been wanting, this may be your chance to get it.

Source: <a href=http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gamefly-launches-new-digital-website-223932741.html#prettyPhoto>PR Wire

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Im starting to think that 2K are purposely trying to proliferate thier games now.

Mind you, this is probably a smart idea given that people are more likely to buy the sequel if they played the last one.

Also Brave New World is 50% off there as well. Anyone able to tell me if this dispenses Steam codes?

Phoenix1213

Sep 2, 2009
gigastar said:
Im starting to think that 2K are purposely trying to proliferate thier games now.

Mind you, this is probably a smart idea given that people are more likely to buy the sequel if they played the last one.

Also Brave New World is 50% off there as well. Anyone able to tell me if this dispenses Steam codes?
Yes it does. I got a steam code for Bioshock Infinite for $10.87 with the coupon on the page.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
More competition = good. Steam codes, you say, so I get the benefits of more competition without having to faff about with a new download tool? Mega tempted to get TFTD for 75p. I'd also be tempted to grab a cheap copy of Brave New World.. but I honestly can't remember if I already bought Gods & Kings. Oh, the woes of a large Steam library.

[sub]edit: I do; I also know that it's not required for Brave New World.. I just wanted it. Searching has also reminded me that I've SR: The Third (forgot about that).[/sub]

RobotDinosaur

Feb 27, 2012
Wait, this is new? I've been using the service since it was Direct2Drive, before they were bought by Gamefly, and the new storefront (which I think is great) has been there for a few weeks now.
I am pleased that in recent months GameFly has been making efforts to improve their digital games system. It's definitely a viable competitor to Steam now, I'd say.