SimCity Creator Forming New Studio

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
SimCity Creator Forming New Studio

SimCity creator Will Wright is forming Syntertainment with five million dollars worth of investor money.

SimCity creator and Maxis founder Will Wright is reportedly forming a new a studio that he's dubbing Stupid Fun Club.

Syntertainment has already found support and investors to help get it started. Among these is former Electronic Arts CEO HVF. Total investments are currently around five million dollars total. The Syntertainment team is eleven people strong.

While Wright's vagueness concerning his plans and goals for the new company lend little in the way of clarity, he believes the ever evolving state of the industry should leave him with plenty of options to explore. "The world is changing so fast in these areas. We've seen the rise of the app market, indie games. There are still Grand Theft Auto games and things like that around. But the rest of the market is evolving so fast."

Source: VentureBeat

Jozigrt

Mar 11, 2013
It's always nice seeing a new company form, as a fan of the original Simcity so I'm looking forwards to seeing what they'll put out.

Fulbert

Jan 15, 2009
Will Wright AND John Riccitiello as co-founders? I honestly don't know what to make of it.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Sounds interesting. A few veterans ganging up together to tackle a labour of personal interest. However! If I so much as once, ever, hear the words Free 2 Play, ever, your company is fucking dead to me.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
Well, Will Wright is starting a new company, that does sound interesting. I liked pretty much everything he ever ma.... Oh, John Riccitiello is involved. I'm out.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
SimCity creator and Maxis founder Will Wright is reportedly forming a new a studio
Sounds cool, he's come up with some decent ideas that have become gaming legends. Although Spore was a bit naff he probably has something intersting up his sleeve.

Among these is former Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello
Oh, so everything will be mobile, free-to-play games with online passes and no souls. Nevermind.