Saints Row IV Promo Brings the Penetrator to Shadow Warrior

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Saints Row IV Promo Brings the Penetrator to Shadow Warrior

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/Chupacaubrey/status/382532849565331457]​
Saints Row IV owners who purchase the upcoming Shadow Warrior will find that the game packs a little extra Wang.

You know what the Penetrator is, right? No? It's essentially a giant pink-purple dong that made its debut as a melee weapon in Saints Row: The Third, and while it looks like it's maybe a lightsaber or an oddly-colored baseball bat from a distance (a long distance), there's no mistaking what it is up close. It's sufficiently peen-ish, in fact, that it had to be censored [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114175-Saints-Row-3-Dildo-Smoothed-Out-in-Japan] in the Japanese version of the game.

Naturally, the Penetrator returned for Saints Row IV, and soon it will spread its batwings even wider: to Shadow Warrior, the upcoming shooter from Flying Wild Hog and - you guessed it - Devolver Digital.

"I'm sorry, I can't really hear you over the sound of all that money being thrown at screens around the world," Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker said in a press release. "And I don't know what to tell you other than you can now wield a giant purple dildo from Saints Row IV in Shadow Warrior. There's your headline, nerds."

I guess that does say it all: Anyone who owns Saints Row IV on Steam and purchases Shadow Warrior will be able to replace the game's katana with a huge neon dildo. There are pictures, for those who have (perfectly understandable) doubts.

[gallery=1792]

So who wants some wang?

Shadow Warrior [http://store.steampowered.com/app/233130/] comes to Steam on September 26.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
The adult in me finds this tasteless and dumb.

The part of me that enjoyed the hell out of my gigantic purple dildo in SR3/4 is gigglin incessantly at the idea of usin that.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
You guys didn't include the reload/clean animation? Shameful.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Wow....just...wow....

They need to make it all floppy and such like a proper dildo, though. It adds to the immersion of actually hunting down demons with a giant pink shlong and not just a re-skinned katana blade. :3

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
NightHawk21 said:
I was tempted, but decided to stick with the official marketing materials. There are some lines that even I'm a little hesitant about stepping over.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
As if I needed even more reason to get this game.

Like someone said above, part of me finds this incredibly tasteless and immature, but the rest of me is too busy giggling like an 8 year old to care.

Is it can be thursday yet?

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't seem to have the silly jiggle physics that it had in Saints Row The Third. Even still, it looks like a blast to use.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Well damn, sounds like I should pick this game up now.
Though I'm a bit worried, so I shall wait for the reviews. :D

Still, the reloading animation made me crack up.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I can honestly say "I did not expect this." All we need now is a 'party cannon' and the game will be perfect.

Or a gatling gun unicorn

Bonecrusher

Nov 20, 2009
Did I get that old? I find this stupid.

Everyone loves, hypes, drools over Saints Row 3 and 4, but I find them boring and pointless games.
Now they are putting Saints Row 3-4 "fun" into remake of one of my most favorite games.
I find it disgusting.

Ok, don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be a "snob" over here. I've played very weird games, watched very weird animes. I am not judging gore, violence, horror, gay sex etc... But why? Why somebody puts a purple dildo weapon into a Shadow Warrior game? Skip this title, why we are putting dildo weapons into games for "fun"?
When we become so weird? When we descent into toilet humor of a 12 years old?
Games like Shadow Warrior were at the level of Gintama series, now we are turning every game into Boku level... And everyone is appraising this change?
What's next? Will we stop developing games and just fill up games with crudely drawn penis pictures?

I am really totally lost here... I can not understand what's going on this decade...

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Bonecrusher said:

Everyone loves, hypes, drools over Saints Row 3 and 4, but I find them boring and pointless games.
Now they are putting Saints Row 3-4 "fun" into remake of one of my most favorite games.
I find it disgusting.

Ok, don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be a "snob" over here. I've played very weird games, watched very weird animes. I am not judging gore, violence, horror, gay sex etc... But why? Why somebody puts a purple dildo weapon into a Shadow Warrior game? Skip this title, why we are putting dildo weapons into games for "fun"?
Games like Shadow Warrior were at the level of Gintama series, now we are turning every game into Boku level... And everyone is appraising this change?
What's next? Will we stop developing games and just fill up games with crudely drawn penis pictures?

I am really totally lost here... I can not understand what's going on this decade...
I think everybody just watched Superbad [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzuvQXDUybE] too much and know it's starting to rub off on us.

:D

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Bonecrusher said:

I find it disgusting.

I suspect its in part due to a backlash at the 'super serious, you must save the world, no smiling' pseudo-realism that modern gaming been dominated by. Apart from Nintendo's child friendly humor there hasn't really been that many 'just for fun comedy' games out recently, let alone crass adult laughs apart from Saints Row 4 and Deadpool.

Besides this is just a free alternate skin for those who already own the game where the eponymous weapon originated from, not a mandatory part of the game.

And quite frankly there are worse ways to generate publicity.

Ed130 The Vanguard

Sep 10, 2008
NightHawk21 said:

It sparkles... when... you rub it...

Oh gods.

Ed130 The Vanguard

Sep 10, 2008
Kalezian said:
Ed130 said:
Bonecrusher said:

I find it disgusting.

I suspect its in part due to a backlash at the 'super serious, you must save the world, no smiling' pseudo-realism that modern gaming been dominated by. Apart from Nintendo's child friendly humor there hasn't really been that many 'just for fun comedy' games out recently, let alone crass adult laughs apart from Saints Row 4 and Deadpool.

Besides this is just a free alternate skin for those who already own the game where the eponymous weapon originated from, not a mandatory part of the game.

And quite frankly there are worse ways to generate publicity.

yea, like calling potential customers "nerds".

That makes me really want to buy a game from a developer I haven't heard of before.
I was thinking more along the lines of EA's fake protesters, Your Mom will hate Dead Space 2 etc...

I do wonder whether he is insulting gamers or the gaming press however.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Sorry folks. Never played a SR game. I'm in my 30's. And I find this hilarious! That cleaning animation, oh yes.

Soak

Sep 21, 2010
On the matter itself: Yeah, kinda funny idea, if i ever get the chance to, i'd likely try it out, but then return to the standard model, considering it likely brakes the games consistency (dunno for sure though).

But
Andy Chalk said:
"I'm sorry, I can't really hear you over the sound of all that money being thrown at screens around the world," Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker said in a press release. "And I don't know what to tell you other than you can now wield a giant purple dildo from Saints Row IV in Shadow Warrior. There's your headline, nerds."
kinda is another thing.

I mean, i'm not about being all strict, but as already mentioned by others, is this how a developer/ spokesman talks to their potential audience now? To me, it appears a little bipolar, either "lie" about half of it to make your game appear perfect, or just write "swag" all over it. My perception could be obscured, but is that it, really?!