Surgeon Simulator 2013 Adds Two New Space Levels

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
Surgeon Simulator 2013 Adds Two New Space Levels

The latest update to the game lets you perform kidney and brain surgery in zero gravity.

Take chances, make mistakes, get messy! Surgeon Simulator 2013, the absurd surgery simulator from Bossa Studios, has added two new levels and a slew of achievements. Previously, players could try their hands at a hidden zero-gravity surgery level by collecting all of the floppy disks in the game. Now, two additional space levels are available, so you can flail about trying to perform brain surgery or replace a kidney while looking down at Earth slowly turning below you. To keep you going, the update also adds 18 new space-related achievements.

The game's awkward controls make the simplest movements difficult, with individual fingers controlled by different keys and movement of the whole hand controlled by the mouse. Like QWOP, the humor supplied by the game comes from the exaggerated difficulty. Using a bone saw or laser scalpel requires practiced dexterity and concentration if you want your patient to make it, or to at least avoid dropping your tools into his chest cavity. The requirement to relearn how to use your hands can also offer some more poignant insight, like the difficulties faced by those with disabilities like Dysgraphia [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/features/10613-Learning-To-Use-Your-Hands-Surgeon-Simulator-Disability], a collection of writing deficiencies that can affect motor skills.

Surgeon Simulator 2013 took its first steps into the operating theater as part of this year's Global Game Jam in January, where it was developed in just 48 hours. The game's popularity led developer Bossa Studios to expand it to a full game. Via Steam Greenlight, Surgeon Simulator 2013 arrived on Steam in April [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123400-Surgeon-Simulator-2013-Fumbles-Onto-Steam]. The Steam version added several new types of surgery as well as different locations to practice your scapel skills - including brain surgery in the back of a moving ambulance. Surgeon Simulator 2013 is available for PC, Mac, and Linux, and sells for $9.99 USD or £6.99.

Source: Polygon [http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/25/4771818/surgeon-simulator-2013-adds-zero-gravity-kidney-and-brain-surgery]

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
One of the best parts is that many of the achievements are named after quotes from famous let's players!

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
I have to say I have no idea how to finish the brain surgery in space, I have tried every tool and non of them can get to the area I have to cut to remove the brain, also why did I do way better in the space kidney transplant then in the normal kidney transplant.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Saulkar said:
One of the best parts is that many of the achievements are named after quotes from famous let's players!

We really do need to see that sick filth again!

*Starts dubstepping and flipping spoons*