Mighty No. 9 Adds 3DS, Vita Stretch Goals

BlameTheWizards

Jun 1, 2009
Mighty No. 9 Adds 3DS, Vita Stretch Goals

The game's latest stretch goal will add versions for the mobile game systems if funding hits $3.5 million.

If you're not yet a backer of Keiji Inafune's Mighty No. 9, the famed developer hopes offering a mobile version of the Mega Man inspired game will get you to open your wallet. Should funding hit the $3.5 million threshold, the game will be ported over to the 3DS and PlayStation Vita by Abstraction Games, the studio responsible for recently porting Hotline Miami to PlayStation platforms.

With only four days to go on Kickstarter and a little more than $2.6 million raised of its original asking price of $900,000, Mighty No. 9 is still a bit of a way off from that goal, so fans will need to pledge their money quick if they want to play the game on the go. Should the $3.5 million stretch goal be reached, backers can choose to receive a 3DS or Vita download copy of the game as opposed to one for their computer or home console.

Still yet to be reached is the $3.3 million stretch goal, which will see Mighty No. 9 ported to the upcoming Playstation 4 and Xbox One consoles. Currently, the game will be available for PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U. It has an estimated launch date of spring 2015.

Source: <a href=http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9>Kickstarter via <a href=http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/27/mighty-no-9-adds-vita-3ds-stretch-goals>IGN

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Hm. I'd like to see it go at least to 2.9 mio for the intro stage. Anybody remember the Megaman X intro stages? I liked 'em a lot. I honestly don't care too much about the additional console ports, but if it gets that far, all the better. I guess the pledges might pick up a bit more in the last few days, but I'm doubtful it'll get to 3.5 mio in that short amount of time.

Speaking of short amount of time, Neverending Nightmares still needs a big boost to make it!
Check it out... I'd like to get to play it.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I kinda wish they had done the 3DS/Vita goals a bit sooner. I'd happily pay for this game on the 3DS, but I'm just not interested in it on any of those currently available consoles, so I haven't even put in a donation yet.

Oh well, if they don't make it, maybe they'll eventually do another Kickstarter solely for getting it for the 3DS/Vita. I'd shell out for that one.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
I'm doubting they'll even reach the Intro Stage goal, let alone newer, farther away goals. I wish the Intro Stage had come before ports in the goal hierarchy, but I guess we'll see how it goes.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Yeah it lost a lot of steam after the initial insanity where they were on pace to break all their goals. Don't see why they would add another major goal so late when they're so far from their last one.

BernardoOne

Jun 7, 2012
People who want the 3DS/Vita version do not need to worry. At this point, both versions are basically certain anyways.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
yeah, even if they don't reach that point now, it'll happen eventually with future profits

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Ghonzor said:
I'm doubting they'll even reach the Intro Stage goal, let alone newer, farther away goals. I wish the Intro Stage had come before ports in the goal hierarchy, but I guess we'll see how it goes.
According to Kicktraq it'll hit at least 3 million.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/#chart-daily

And at the later stages Kicktraq tends to underestimate due to the final two day surge that occurs when the Kickstarter reminder goes out.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
BernardoOne said:
People who want the 3DS/Vita version do not need to worry. At this point, both versions are basically certain anyways.
I'd love for that to be true and this isn't an attack - I'm just wondering what you're basing that off? Gut, past experience or rumours/something more concrete?

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
I'd love to play such a game on the PS Vita. The Vita is the best console for 2D gaming. Games such as Rayman Legends look outstanding on the small screen.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
$2.6 million is an enormous accomplishment, and very far ahead from their original asking price.
With that in mind, do they honestly need to put in a stretch goal for that?

I'm serious. This...kind of sounds like cash grabbing for the sake of cash grabbing.

Why do they need an extra million for a Vita/3DS port? Why are they going to leave porting duties to a third party company? ( I hear they are good but still.) They have more than enough money to do it themselves.

Armikrog only needed $50 k more from it's original goal to do a Wii U port.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Teoes said:
BernardoOne said:
I'd love for that to be true and this isn't an attack - I'm just wondering what you're basing that off? Gut, past experience or rumours/something more concrete?
I'm guessing it's because their original goal to finish the game is $900k. They ended up making 2 million in total on Kickstarter.

I don't know about you, but I highly doubt a port to the Vita and 3DS will cost anything more than 80k at most. I'm probably overestimating here.

Unless of course they for whatever reason blow off the money needlessly on expensive port tech or something. Which is why I think OP believes that ports to these platforms is almost certain.