Assassin's Creed IV Reveals New Trailer, PC Launch Date

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Assassin's Creed IV Reveals New Trailer, PC Launch Date

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is coming to the PC right on schedule - three weeks after it launches on consoles.

Back in June, Ubisoft lag behind [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124802-Assassins-Creed-IV-Trailer-Features-Grog-Violence] the console releases by a few weeks. No particular reason for the delay was given.

Regardless of the whys and wherefores, Ubisoft today announced the release date of the PC edition and sure enough, it's just about exactly three weeks behind the current-gen consoles: November 19, to be specific. It still hasn't offered any explanation for the hold-up as far as I know, but I'm sure there are reasons.

Since there's not much more to say about it, here's a new trailer to look at: "Pirate's Heist," which is pretty cool from a cinematic perspective but doesn't strike me as overly Assassin's Creed-y, in the sense that I don't think pouring broadsides into Royal Navy ships really counts as an assassination. Maybe the assassinating comes later? Or is it enough to just wear the hoodie and be good at stabbing people?

Whatever the case, let's nail it down: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag comes out for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U on October 29; the PC on November 19; and as launch titles for the PlayStation 4 (November 15) and Xbox One (November 22.)

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/30/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-sets-sail-for-pc-on-november-19/]

sirjeffofshort

Oct 2, 2012
Try as I might, I can't bring myself to muster any interest for this game. I love the AC series, and even really enjoyed AC3 (which I know is generally frowned upon), so I keep checking every bit of news etc to see if there is some kind of a spark there for me... alas, I think I'll probably be skipping this one.

Ken Sapp

Cat Herder
Apr 1, 2010
ScrabbitRabbit said:
The reason is probably "tradition."
I agree, they are far more focused on the console releases than the PC. No surprise there, just business as usual.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
And when the game is pirated within days of release, they won't have any excuse to blame it on the PC scum.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Sgt. Sykes said:
At least they DO release it for the PCs. Does it still come with some kind of ridiculous DRM?
Yes, every 30th second you have to send Ubisoft an email with the serial code and an unique message to confirm that you've bought it legally.

OT: It's actually quite understandable that the PC release gets delayed this time around. They have to have this game prepared for more platforms than ever and consoles are often the platforms that sell the best. At least they are releasing it for PC in a timely manner which is more than what can be said about Rockstar and GTA LA Noire. Regardless of what their reasons is (guessing piracy since obviously at leas 95% of PC gamers are pirates who never buy games) they are in fact releasing it... yeah, I am aware of the fact that I am praising a company that gives me the short end of the stick by simply comparing it to a company that's hesitant to even show me the stick and might in fact not have it and just brags about it because he's jealous about my stick... No euphemisms