GTA Online Patch is Live for PS3, Xbox 360 Coming Soon

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
GTA Online Patch is Live for PS3, Xbox 360 Coming Soon

Rockstar is aware of technical difficulties with initial release of Grand Theft Auto Online and will "work around the clock" to smooth things out.

Technical difficulties have prevented many Grand Theft Auto Online players from completing the first tutorial mission. Rockstar apologized in a press statement issued today and announced that a patch for the PS3 version is already live, and the Xbox 360 patch will be live "as soon as possible today."

Rockstar pointed to its support site where there is an twitter. [http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246-GTA-Online-Launch-Status-Latest-Updates-]

Multiple issues have prevented a smooth experience with GTA Online. Rockstar stated a PlayStation Network server issue was limiting the amount of possible concurrent users, preventing many players from accessing GTA Online. The company said the problem has been resolved as of this morning. Players are still reporting problems with completing the first tutorial mission; Rockstar is working on "unblocking this for everyone as soon as possible." For those who have made it past the tutorial mission, instability across the GTA Online services is still causing problems.

In response, Rockstar disabled the option of purchasable GTA$ cash packs. This does not affect GTA$ earned by profitable gameplay activities.

Technical issues upon release of an online service are all too common, and hopefully players will be able to play the game without interruption soon. Check Rockstar's support page for details on problems. The company has asked for any non-technical-related feedback to be sent to [email protected].

Source: Rockstar [http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51512/grand-theft-auto-online-launch-updates.html]

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
I'll be happy if I can come home tonight and finally play the multiplayer with my friends without having to make a temp character. I liked some of those characters I made. Also, this is relevant to the topic but:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Hope its up soon, I want to play with my Escapist chums without the fear of losing my save, I did the 30 barrels of nuclear waste and finding the submarine scraps, I'll be damned if I lose my files (I have 2)
I can't believe you got all of those, good for you though. You are a more patient Man/Woman/Sentient AI than I am. After finding about 4 of those barrels and 3 scraps I got bored with how slow the submersible moved and gave up, parking it off some random shore.
(Yes for the scraps I used the boat primarily and dived, still too boring for my tastes)

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
MinionJoe said:
Just an update:

The 360 patch was released sometime Saturday morning. Seemed pretty stable to me.

Unfortunately, GTAO is little more than dodging SMG-toting assholes in an open world while trying to start an instanced mission.

Instanced missions came in three flavors that I could see: Races with stock vehicles, Deathmatches with SMG-toting assholes, or a hybrid of the two (ie Capture the Flag type missions).
I figured this would be the case. Hence why I stick to my crew and co-op. Public games can go, well, do horrible things to themselves. At least until I get an apartment (again due to character wipe! Don't go to character select if you can help it!) and can spectate from my virtual living room.

OT, I can't wait for the patch, stability, and some money cards. yeah, I know it's prolly dumb to buy those, but meh.