Disney Announces Star Wars/Tiny Tower Crossover

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Disney Announces Star Wars/Tiny Tower Crossover

Gamers will be challenged to develop their own giant murderous space station in the Star Wars-themed Tiny Death Star.

I was never quite able to get behind <a href=http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/tiny-tower>Tiny Tower. I know it has its fans and I can't count the number of times in a week I hear my wife say she "has to check on her tower," but something about it just never caught me. Apparently, the missing ingredient was Star Wars. I say this because Disney Interactive, in association with Tiny Tower creators NimbleBit, have announced Tiny Death Star and I couldn't be more excited.

The new game, being developed for mobile devices, will challenge gamers to "live life on the dark side and join Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader on a mission to attract Galactic bitizens, run intergalactic businesses, and build an all-new Death Star." Players will be able to "construct unique Star Wars themed locations to attract iconic characters" to expand their own version of the iconic battlestation.

Granted, from the sound of things the game will skip over some of the Death Star's more traditional activity's like planetary annihilation and what-not. That said, it will still give Star Wars fans an opportunity to revisit one of the franchise's most famous locales and see their favorite characters shrunk down to teeny-tiny, adorable 8-bit sprites. No release date has yet been announced, but Tiny Death Star's unveiling has at least confirmed that Star Wars, <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Star-Prequel-Trilogy-Widescreen-Edition/dp/B001EN71DQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381170675&sr=8-1&keywords=star+wars+prequel+trilogy>for all its flaws, has an unwavering ability to improve just about anything.

Source: <a href=http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/04/tiny-death-star-announced>IGN

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
And we thought Lucas was a whore because of those Star Wars burgers...

Well he is still is, but this doesn't help me in staying confident for the upcoming sequels.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
This is not even on the top hundred list of the worst things happening to the Star Wars name.

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
Yeah? Well suck my "tiny tower" Disney.

Eh, this actually doesn't seem all that terrible, and may actually be kinda fun. At least it isn't a damn dancing game.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
*sigh*
Why don't they simply make good games? People would give them all their credits for 13-13, another KotOR or another Jedi Knight. At least there'll be the new Battlefront.
I realize that this game does not really influence the chance (nor quality) of other Star Wars games but it is still depressing to see that they apparently hand their licenses out for stuff like this while sitting on a lot of unused potential.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
MinionJoe said:
Akichi Daikashima said:
And we thought Lucas was a whore because of those Star Wars burgers...

Well he is still is, but this doesn't help me in staying confident for the upcoming sequels.
Not sure why you're referencing Lucas. He has nothing to do with the franchise since he sold it to Disney. He neither receives royalties nor has any say in what's done with the name.

I'm just surprised that EA isn't making this, since Disney gave them the exclusive license to develop the Star Wars video games.
I was calling Disney a whore because they made this.

I was contrasting it to the *shudder* Darth Vader Burger.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Tiny Tower was actually pretty decent for a mobile game. Can't say "I'm excited" for this one, per se. But I'll likely check it out. Certainly not the worst thing to happen to the license in the last 30 years.

Call me skeptical, but interested.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
hey, giant planet shattering death rays don't pay for themselves, y'know

how much extra space do you have left after factoring in machinery and facilities for staff?