Graffiti Artist Banksy's Rebel Rocket Attack Shoots Down Dumbo

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Graffiti Artist Banksy's Rebel Rocket Attack Shoots Down Dumbo

That kid's got a mean kick; he should try out for Man U.

Graffiti artist Banksy is in New York at the moment, lending the walls, playgrounds and delivery trucks of Manhattan and the boroughs his signature touch. However when he's not decorating the place he's putting together video content. "I'm not posting any pictures today," Banksy posted on his website, "not after this shocking footage has emerged." Shocking? You'll believe an elephant can fly, but maybe flying isn't such a hot notion. Though the kid has the best bit in the video, to my mind; that's a hell of a kick he's got on him.

Banksy, for those not familiar with the gent, is an artist, activist and political commentator best known for his work in the UK, though he's tagged all over the world. Some of his work has gone on to sell for tens of thousands, often after being removed from the wall it's drawn on. He has an idiosyncratic style - "anyone described as being 'good at drawing' doesn't sound like Banksy to me," he once said - and values his anonymity. The Dumbo piece is part of a month-long residency in New York City, and some of the work he's created there has already been destroyed. If you should happen to notice one, look for a 1-800 number next to it; some of his pieces have audio commentary.

Want to know more about the fella? There's a website over here [http://www.banksy.co.uk/] you may find intriguing.

Source: Banksy YouTube Channel [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsF3HspQY6A]

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
OMG Karloff, this is getting out of hand. I'm sorry, but every time you post something, I have to read it at least twice or really slowly to comprehend it. Your writing style is almost completely unintelligible. I honestly don't even know what you're trying to say here. Can't you just keep it simple and to the point?

There's an artist guy, a video with an RPG and a website. That's all I got from that wall of text.

EgonCom

Aug 5, 2009
As much I like Banksy I have to ask:
what any of this had to do with games?

I though Escapistmagazine is not Memebase?

Ruairi iliffe

Sep 13, 2010
EgonCom said:

To be honest, The escapist has always been a mixed bag in terms of coverage over the years, there are always posts about stuff not related to games quite regularly.

OT: Always loved Banksy works, there where several pieces back home in Belfast that he was supposed to have tagged, quite cool.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
EgonCom said:

I think it is like six-degrees-of-news.

Dumbo (is a Disney film)
Disney (now own Lucas arts)
Lucas arts (made Star Wars games)
Star Wars games (currently doomed by association with EA)
EA (shit)

So this article is actually about EA being horrible by way of something that has nothing to do with games.

And if I'm honest Banksy should just stick to graffiti. It wouldn't suprise me if he gets executed for blasphemy for this video, never underestimate the rage of an angry Disney fan.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I had no idea Banksy did stuff like this. I can see why folks are getting confused by the way the story's written. I guess knowing who he is[footnote]Well, knowing of him and his work.. I suppose part of his point is that as few folks as possible actually know who he is.[/footnote] helps?