Need for Speed Rivals Crashes Next-Gen Consoles in November

Josh Engen

Aug 19, 2013
Need for Speed Rivals Crashes Next-Gen Consoles in November

EA's latest Need for Speed title shares a release date with the Xbox One.

Today, Electronic Arts announced that Need for Speed Rivals will be heading to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on one of the most predictable dates on this year's calendar: November 22nd. For those of you who might not see the connection, this is the same day that Microsoft's Xbox One will be hitting the market (along with a slew of other release titles).

Unfortunately, European PlayStation 4 owners will have to wait a week to get their hands on the latest Need for Speed title. The PS4 doesn't actually arrive in Europe until November 29th, and Rivals will share that release date as well.

However, if you don't mind playing Need for Speed on an Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or PC, you should be able to snag a copy of Rivals on November 19th in North America.

Need for Speed Rivals was one of the most interesting racing titles at E3 this year. In fact, the game walked away with a Game Critics Award for "Best Racing Game." And considering this year's competition in the racing category, we should probably be very impressed. DriveClub, Gran Turismo 6, Forza 5, and The Crew will all be a part of the next-gen lineup. But those games don't have a companion film starring Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul and Multiplicity's Michael Keaton. So, Need for Speed Rivals may have an unfair advantage.

Source: Press Release [http://www.gamespress.com/release.asp?c=a53290--105192&rand=5474]

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Will definitely get it on PS4, not sure about day 1 what with AC4, Watch Dog and KZ already arriving with the system.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
I hope that's a typo in the title, because console gamers don't enjoy red rings or yellow lights of death.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Need for speed gets a lot of hate these days but I loved HP and MW2012 so I'm looking forward to this too!

6urk17s

Nov 16, 2010
Soxafloppin said:
Need for speed gets a lot of hate these days but I loved HP and MW2012 so I'm looking forward to this too!
It probably gets hate because its less NFS and more Burnout. Give me another Porsche Unleashed or a proper Hot Pursuit without Bullshit Oxide, damn it!