Assassin's Creed IV Wii U Version Won't Get Any DLC

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Assassin's Creed IV Wii U Version Won't Get Any DLC

You may want to consider a different platform if you want the full Assassin's Creed experience.

Here's some news that's a bit of a bummer to the Wii U, which reportedly already has trouble attracting third party support [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127421-Nintendo-Too-Late-To-Attract-Third-Party-Support-Bethesda-Says]: the Wii U version of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag will not receive any of the DLC that every other platform will get. This is sure to make anyone who was considering picking up the game for the platform reconsider - especially if they happen to own another platform such as the PS3 or Xbox 360.

Earlier, Ubisoft outlined details for an Assassin's Creed IV season pass, which includes a new story, exclusive content and a 20 per cent discount over buying each of the DLC packs individually. In the official press release, it mentioned that the season pass would be available for Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, and PC, with no mention of the Wii U.

An Ubisoft representative has now confirmed that this is not a mistake, as the season pass will not be available on the Wii U. Gamereactor Germany [http://www.gamereactor.de/News/92284/Keine+Download-Inhalte+f%25FCr+Assassin%27s+Creed+IV+auf+Wii+U/] was informed by the representative that there'd be no DLC at all for the Wii U version of ACIV.

We have similarly reached out to the USA Ubisoft representative for an official comment, but you can pretty much assume it will be the same case here.

Will this affect which platform (if any) you will buy Assassin's Creed IV for?

Source: Game Reactor [http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/94044/Ubisoft+confirms+no+DLC+for+Wii+U+ACIV/]

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
Nope, considering I wasn't going to buy it anyways. All this does if confirm by belief that Ubisoft are a bunch of assholes.

thisbymaster

Sep 10, 2008
Wait, they are making AC4 for the Wii U? What are they going to use the main controller for, a map? This is all bad news for all 6 of you who bought a Wii U.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
That's kinda arbitrary.
Soviet Heavy said:
Steven Bogos said:
Nope, considering I wasn't going to buy it anyways. All this does if confirm by belief that Ubisoft are a bunch of assholes.
Yeah, considering that Ubisoft always acts like they're Nintendo's biggest supporters, this is kinda douchey of them. And I have absolutely no desire to own another Assassin's Creed. They just keep getting worse and worse.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
It seems odd that they would bother releasing it on the WiiU but not include any DLC later down the line. I'm actually a little suprised they are even still bothering with a WiiU version.

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
I didn't really have any interest in AC4, but somehow, I feel not having DLC makes the Wii U version the best. Mainly cause I'm so sick of DLC right now.

mirage202

Mar 13, 2012
I'd say yes it would change my decision if not for two reasons.

1/ I don't own a Wii U

2/ Just like AC3 I'm not getting AC4. It's that same BS of having to buy 6 copies on 3 platforms to get 1 full game with all the pre-order DLC bits. (numbers not exact for the nit picking apologists)

Chaos James

Bastion of Debauchery
May 27, 2011
Well, I don't think I'll pick up that AC3 DLC I've been meaning to on my Wii U. I mean, it looked fun, but I think I'll avoid Ubisoft DLC from now on. Might pick up Black Flag if it goes on sale sometime or wait for the price to drop naturally, as I'm just not that enthused about it anymore.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
First, haven't finished AssCreed3 for the WiiU because I got bored of it partway through and went on to playing more fun games. Second, I probably wouldn't have bought this or DLC for it anyway because while I find AssCreed interesting, it isn't something I enjoy enough to spend that much on it. Especially considering they're already talking about DLC before the game is even out, which has always come off as odd to me anyway, but that's besides the point.
Third, given this and their delays of Rayman Legends, it's clear that all that talk of supporting the WiiU was half-assed/half-hearted. Sure, they're supporting the WiiU, but only in the most minimalist way possible to avoid any outright accusation that they're going back on their promise to support it at all. Anymore, I don't care. Aside from Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and Trials Evolution, I don't give a shit about most anything Ubisoft puts out. Really, Ubi, if you aren't going to give the WiiU equal treatment, just stop pretending you give a shit because this facade of stupidity is getting old. At least EA was up front about not supporting it, even if I'm suspicious the reasons they publicized aren't the whole story.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Already getting it on PS4, so this personally doesn't effect me. But I will admit it sucks for those who like AC4 and are on WiiU.

Random question, did Blops 2 get DLC on WiiU?

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Korten12 said:
Random question, did Blops 2 get DLC on WiiU?
Nope, no Black Ops 2 DLC was released for the Wii U to my knowledge.

OT: Well this kinda sucks. I own a Wii U, but I wasn't gonna be getting this game. However it does suck for those who were planning on getting the game for the Wii U.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
SilverUchiha said:
First, haven't finished AssCreed3 for the WiiU because I got bored of it partway through and went on to playing more fun games. Second, I probably wouldn't have bought this or DLC for it anyway because while I find AssCreed interesting, it isn't something I enjoy enough to spend that much on it. Especially considering they're already talking about DLC before the game is even out, which has always come off as odd to me anyway, but that's besides the point.
Third, given this and their delays of Rayman Legends, it's clear that all that talk of supporting the WiiU was half-assed/half-hearted. Sure, they're supporting the WiiU, but only in the most minimalist way possible to avoid any outright accusation that they're going back on their promise to support it at all. Anymore, I don't care. Aside from Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and Trials Evolution, I don't give a shit about most anything Ubisoft puts out. Really, Ubi, if you aren't going to give the WiiU equal treatment, just stop pretending you give a shit because this facade of stupidity is getting old. At least EA was up front about not supporting it, even if I'm suspicious the reasons they publicized aren't the whole story.
Seems about right. I mean, they made such a fuss over supporting the Wii U when it launched, then delayed Rayman even though it was already complete... (to make it a multi-platform game, which it wasn't originally going to be).

Why even pretend? What are they even doing? We know about half of the Wii's launch titles were made by Ubisoft, and the Wii U looked pretty similar, but if they're going to do things like this at the first sign of trouble, then why do they expend so much effort to make it sound like they still support Nintendo platforms.

Ubisoft is the most consistent 3rd party supporter of Nintendo systems, yet they pull stunts like this that suggest they don't actually want to do it.

What twisted mentality makes them put so much effort into making it look like they want to support Nintendo platforms when their actions clearly seem to show otherwise...

Weirdos...

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Why even bother making a Wii U port if your just going to shaft those same people by not giving them the full options and benefits of the other systems?

It's almost like your punishing them for choosing to buy the Wii U game.

Which is a shame because I saw a lot of comments on Kotaku and gamefaqs stating that they are now going to skip this game for the Wii U because of it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Dragonbums said:
It's almost like your punishing them for choosing to buy the Wii U game.
And honestly, haven't they been punished enough?

I kid, I kid. This is one of those baffling deals, though.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
I know it's hard to believe, guys, but I bet that this wasn't done just so they could be "jerks". I mean, from a business standpoint, why would they deny themselves profits from a whole area of players? They wouldn't do it willingly I assure you. No, I bet something much larger is at play here. Mayne Nintendo doesn't play nice with publishers anymore? Maybe the Wii U is limited in how well it can deliver DLC? It could a hundred things, but it certainly isn't because they want to be "jerks".

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Zachary Amaranth said:
And honestly, haven't they been punished enough?
Nope.

As further punishment in their next Ass Creed port all loading screens will be changed to Ezio wet dream fantasy pictures from Deviant Art's most popular section of Assasin's Creed tag. (and believe me when I say it's some creepy ass shit.)

captcha: Gone fishing.

Yarr harr good one.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
Dragonbums said:
Which is a shame because I saw a lot of comments on Kotaku and gamefaqs stating that they are now going to skip this game for the Wii U because of it.
And because of that I swear to god, if Ubisoft start complaining about AC4 not reaching projected sales targets on the WiiU I will personally go to their head office just to slap Yves Guillermot across the face...