Capcom Celebrates 30th Anniversary With Steam Sale

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Capcom Celebrates 30th Anniversary With Steam Sale

Capcom is offering heavy discounts on its PC titles through a Steam sale ending October 14th.

Capcom is turning thirty and, in celebration of its many years on this Earth, the company has launched a Steam sale discounting a number of its bigger name PC titles. We're not talking minor discounts either, most of the games included in the sale are at least half price with many being sold as low as 75 percent off.

The list of games falling under the umbrella of the sale is fairly substantial and includes Devil May Cry (the reboot), Devil May Cry 3, Devil May Cry 4, Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Bionic Commando, Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition, Lost Planet 2, Lost Planet 3, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil Revelations, Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, Street Fighter X Tekken and Remember Me among others.

Granted, not every title on the list is a sterling classic, but it's still an arguably decent selection of games. Gamers looking for a good package deal may also want to consider the Capcom Actions Hits Bundle which packages many of these same games together for a mere $59.99. Interested gamers will want to act fast as this sale is only running until October 14th.

Source: PCGamer

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Holy cow, I can't wait to pick up the newest Megaman game, along with some of their other modern clas-

Oh.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Really hoping the resident evil games take a 75% cut, they seem to be the ones who take the longest time to ever get there. I also realized in this sale that Resident Evil 4 never made it to Steam, kind of wondering why since it did actually get a pc port.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
Sales are nice, but the thing some people are having a problem with is that GFWL is still involved with a lot of the games and with it going down next year people aren't sure if the games will even work anymore.

Cybylt

Aug 13, 2009
inb4 pointless MegaMan butthurt continues.

Oh, I guess I'm too late.

Good point about the GFWL though, wonder how that'll play out.

Anyway, anybody who hasn't should really pick up DMC4 for that exclusive play mode that throws as many enemies as your rig can handle at you.

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
Meh, can't buy the Dead Rising Games anyways, since they aren't in the German store. Else than that I am not too interested in the offerings. :S

Bindal

May 14, 2012
N3squ1ck said:
Meh, can't buy the Dead Rising Games anyways, since they aren't in the German store. Else than that I am not too interested in the offerings. :S
Dead Rising 2 was in the store when the deal started. For an hour or so only, unfortunately.

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
Bindal said:
N3squ1ck said:
Dead Rising 2 was in the store when the deal started. For an hour or so only, unfortunately.
Ah, damn. Didn't expect it to be there at all :(

Next time, I'll watch out and may be able to grab it, thanks :)

Bindal

May 14, 2012
N3squ1ck said:
Bindal said:
N3squ1ck said:

You could just poke someone outside Germany to ask for a trade - assuming they got a game of equal value they want to buy. That's most likely what I gonna do should Dead Rising 2 actually go on a 75% sale.

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
Bindal said:
You could just poke someone outside Germany to ask for a trade - assuming they got a game of equal value they want to buy. That's most likely what I gonna do should Dead Rising 2 actually go on a 75% sale.
Yeah, I might just do that aswell :)

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
StriderShinryu said:
Arslan Aladeen said:
Bionic Commando: Rearmed!
Oh crap, I totally forgot about that game. Thanks for mentioning it. It has now been purchased and added to my library.
No sweat, it's what I do. Well, actually, I think I complain about stuff more than help, but Bionic Commando was a fun retro remake with some great gameplay, so I can't complain about that.

VonKlaw

Jan 30, 2012
Bindal said:
N3squ1ck said:
Bindal said:
N3squ1ck said:

Dead Rising 2: OTR actually says on the store page that it won't let you install or update it while its in Germany though:

Notice: Capcom requires that this game will not install or update when connecting from an IP address attributed to Germany.

Wouldn't want to risk a Steam ban by using a VPN to get round it either.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
VonKlaw said:
Bindal said:
N3squ1ck said:
Bindal said:
N3squ1ck said:

Dead Rising 2: OTR actually says on the store page that it won't let you install or update it while its in Germany though:

Notice: Capcom requires that this game will not install or update when connecting from an IP address attributed to Germany.

Wouldn't want to risk a Steam ban by using a VPN to get round it either.
The Original game works fine, tho. Just OTR doesn't.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Rednog said:
Really hoping the resident evil games take a 75% cut, they seem to be the ones who take the longest time to ever get there.
Actually they have (RE5 US$4.99; RE6 US$9.99). I'm sort of tempted to pick up 6 just to see if it's as bad as I've heard.

Couldn't be a worse deal than 5; I quit playing that after twenty minutes.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
The Rogue Wolf said:
Rednog said:
Really hoping the resident evil games take a 75% cut, they seem to be the ones who take the longest time to ever get there.
Actually they have (RE5 US$4.99; RE6 US$9.99). I'm sort of tempted to pick up 6 just to see if it's as bad as I've heard.

Couldn't be a worse deal than 5; I quit playing that after twenty minutes.
Yea I made my post when the Devil May Cry stuff was still the daily deal. I picked up 6 and played it for about an hour or so...it's more like 5 than the previous games. Granted I enjoyed 5 because I played a ton of it online with people, but the story was utter garbage. Though I hear Revelations is more in tune with the older games so that might be worth looking into over 6.