Abraham, Eugene And Rosita Join Walking Dead TV Show

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Abraham, Eugene And Rosita Join Walking Dead TV Show

Michael Cudlitz, Christian Serratos and Josh McDermitt will arrive in Season Four.

Fans of Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead will be seeing some very familiar faces in Season Four of the TV show: former soldier Abraham, and his companions Rosita and Eugene, will become series regulars. The announcement was made at New York's Comic Con, with Michael Cudlitz appearing - in character as Abraham - out of the audience as the casting announcements were made. Christian Serratos of Twilight fame will play Rosita, while Josh Retired at 35 McDermitt will play the science teacher with a secret, Eugene.

What is that secret, exactly? Those who've read the graphic novel know, but the TV show follows a slightly different path. "We're going to tell a version of the Eugene, Abraham and Rosita comic stories, that's what we do," says executive producer, writer and showrunner Scott Gimple. But exactly how close that version is to the graphic novel is anyone's guess. As we know, the TV show has its own take on characters [http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0228607/?ref_=tt_cl_t8], and their role in the ongoing plot.

As for where this is all taking place, don't expect the show to remain confined behind prison bars. The series is about to go on the road. "We're at the prison the first two episodes," says Gimple. "We start looking at other places in episode three on but that isn't even tied with them yet." If you haven't already seen the first episode, time's a-wasting; the fourth season has begun.

Source: Hollywood Reporter [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-casts-pivotal-comic-648071]

aceman67

Jan 14, 2010
I'm absolutely stoked about this. Abraham was one of my favourites when he was introduced...

Can't wait to see whats coming next :D

Chaosritter said:
TV-14 rating
Last I checked, AMC was a pay to subscribe Cable/satellite TV network, the show was purposefully shown at a late night time slot, and most diffidently DOES NOT have a TV-14 rating. They try their best to get away with what ever they can to make the show as close to the comics as possible (violence wise), but there is a limit to what is allowed on TV by the government, and what works in a static medium like Graphic Novels doesn't necessarily work on Television, you can't tell the same story, the same way. It just wouldn't work and would feel forced.

Zeriah

Mar 26, 2009
Chaosritter said:
"Hey, people seem to like the comics, so let's take another random bit and do whatever the fuck we like with it!"

I've both read the comics and watched the show. Sad truth is that the show writers took well established characters and turned them into borderline retards. Especially Carl.

Significant parts of the comic have been toned down big time, others have been twisted and turned so badly, it's hard to recognize them. I know the comics are pretty graphic and have some very unpleasant events, but mutilating the source material like this to get a TV-14 rating is not acceptable.

So please, if you feel the need to make shit up, at least go all the way.
Funny I think the exact opposite. Even being a reader of the comics, I think the writing and characters of the show are so much better than their comic counterparts. There's only two characters of the show that I think the comic does better - Carl and Lori. The farm arc went too long, but I still thought it was great and them doing that allowed us to really care about Hershals family, people that I never really cared at all about in the comic. Apart from those few things I feel the show does it better. Basically every character of the show has far more depth and more interesting to me. So while I love Abraham, I thought the road trip arc was one of the dumbest in the comic, so I am quite happy to hear they will be changing it.

Edit: Having said that though I can understand why people who love the comics would be irritated by them changing the source content (regardless of the quality). But to be fair this was made clear to us before the show even started, it isn't as if they are betraying you. Besides Robert Kirkman loves the show and its characters and is an executive producer, so there's no betrayal there either.

AldUK

Oct 29, 2010
I enjoyed the first episode of the new season. It wasn't perfect, but it's a TV show, it's not a huge deal. I'll continue watching, very excited for the new season of Telltale's take on the Walking Dead as well.

Seems there might actually be a bit of crossover this season too, since Michonne was pointing at Macon on a map.