Zelda-Themed Limited Edition 3DS XL Headed to Europe

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Zelda-Themed Limited Edition 3DS XL Headed to Europe

Nintendo has announced that limited edition Luigi and Zelda 3DS XL's will be coming to Europe in November.

I will confess to not paying too much attention to The Legend of Zelda in recent years. It's sad in a way because in my childhood days Zelda was my go-to franchise. I ached for Ocarina of Time to come out. Waiting for Christmas morning to come so I could unwrap my gold cartridge was probably one of the most difficult things I've ever done. As things often go however, I grew older and began to drift away from the series.

Then one day Nintendo had to go and <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123361-Nintendo-Announces-A-Link-to-the-Past-2>announce a sequel to my other favorite Zelda game, A Link to the Past, and my interest was rekindled. I've since had an eye on A Link Between Worlds since before it had a subtitle and you can sure bet that a recently announced <a href=http://store.nintendo.co.uk/3ds-hardware/nintendo-3ds-xl-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds-limited-edition/10848361.html>limited edition Zelda 3DS XL, has me frothing nostalgically at the mouth.

Unfortunately for me, I live in the United States and the XL in question has only been announced for European territories. Costing £199.99 (assuming you live in the UK), it will feature a gold and black case meant to represent the dual planes you'll be adventuring through in A Link Between Worlds. Both the gold and black portions, in turn, will be emblazoned with the Triforce. It's currently set to release on November 22nd, the same day as the game, and will be packaged with a download code for a digital copy.

[gallery=1822]

It's may also be worth mentioning that Nintendo also has plans to launch a <a href=http://store.nintendo.co.uk/3ds-hardware/nintendo-3ds-xl-luigi-special-edition/10848360.html>£179.99 Luigi-themed 3DS XL on November 1st. It's nice and all, but in my opinion it lacks a lot of the subtlety that makes me want the Zelda one. I just can't see myself playing a 3DS plastered with miniature Luigi's on the bus is all.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
But...the triforce is off centre :-/

Meh, it's not that great when compared to what could be...

Magikarp

Jan 26, 2011
This is awesome, I'll buy one ri--wait, I already have a standard one which I paid £250 for. Damnit.

Ninmecu

May 31, 2011
JokerboyJordan said:

You...You BASTARD! That, that looks beautiful ;-; I'd honestly KILL (Overly exagerated naturally) for that. If it were a reality I'd buy ANOTHER XL and give mine to anyone who asked for it because that is beautiful ;-;

yellost

Nov 7, 2011
"and will be packaged with a download code for a digital copy."
Uh ?
Is that the cartridge + the code or just the code ? If it's the latter, that sounds a bit cheap from them...
And then I notice the giant yellow sticker on the box that says "ac adapter not included"... wtf ? how are you supposed to recharge it, then ?

Brockyman

Aug 30, 2008
I was actually planning to buy a 3DS this weekend, but am officially boycotting. No reason this can't be available in the states...

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
How come everywhere else gets the cool 3DS's? Do they not think this shit will sell here in the states? I kinda really want the Luigi one.

Chatboy 91

Feb 25, 2011
JokerboyJordan said:

...FUCK! Why did you have to show me this?!

Why does this not exist?! Here I am thinking, "Oh, that's a neat looking 3DS with the gold and black Triforces, maybe I'll pick that one up if it comes to Canada. Oh wait, what's this? *clicks spoiler*... DEAR. GOD." Now I don't want to get a 3DS because there's a tiny, infinitesimal chance that this could become something real!

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
... Dammit. I've had the Pokémon X one for about 2 weeks and then they go and announce this? I'M NOT MADE OF MONEY NINTENDO! And the Luigi one that I wanted...

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
feeling buyer's remorse, and it's about the virtual pikachu nipples 3ds they give you in XY haha

at this point i'd rather they just make 3ds covers rather than torturing me like this

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
Damn it Nintendo. If you're making a Luigi 3DS, why can't you just make one that's green and black? I want to buy a 3DS but I feel like the second I do, they're going to make it in a color I want

weirdguy said:
at this point i'd rather they just make 3ds covers rather than torturing me like this
Would be the coolest shit ever. My psp face plate was scratched, so I bought a new one that was clear and realized how cool it would be if they made more devices out of cheap but decent looking swappable plates like the old Nokias

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
yellost said:
"and will be packaged with a download code for a digital copy."
Uh ?
Is that the cartridge + the code or just the code ? If it's the latter, that sounds a bit cheap from them...
And then I notice the giant yellow sticker on the box that says "ac adapter not included"... wtf ? how are you supposed to recharge it, then ?
It is my understanding, which I get from a friend and should in no way be considered authoritative, that not including the AC adapter is fairly standard practice in European countries for this type of device. I think this has to do with the fact that some countries have different plug types (so they don't want to go to the expense of packaging an individual type for each, instead letting the user pick the one they need) but I am not sure.