"The Most Realistic Gaming Gun Ever" Due Christmas 2013

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
"The Most Realistic Gaming Gun Ever" Due Christmas 2013

Delta Six's Kickstarter brought you this gun case and orange barrel tip.

"It doesn't get any more real than this," says Delta Six's Mission Statement, "the aim, the feel, the thrill." The case, the orange barrel tip, and so on; all of which is due Christmas 2013, and can be pre-ordered now, if you're feeling keen and want a $55 saving on the sticker price. Its Kickstarter did well - almost doubling its $100,000 crowdfunding goal - and current generation console gamers, as well as PC players, can enjoy their toy as soon as it launches. Next generation console functionality will be patched in at a later date.

If you're wondering how it's done, game play is simple enough. Tap the magazine to reload, and swing the stock to melee. If you lean your head down towards the scope, the screen zooms in on your target, and there's real recoil, for those of you who just can't stand that fake rubber-band-powered recoil a moment longer.

"As expected, the Delta Six is so realistic, it has become a lightning rod for delusional critics looking to place blame on mass murders," says the Delta Six team, which sounds a bit like it's trying too hard [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKkPFDEiC6Q]. But it doesn't apologize for delivering the most realistic and immersive gun controller on the market, which is jolly decent of them. One might almost call it spiffing. There isn't an exact shipping date; December, "just in time for the holidays," is as far as Delta Six is prepared to go.

Source: Delta Six [https://www.thedeltasix.com/]

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
no thanks,

I'll stick with a controller, or even better, a mouse/keyboard combo. Controllers that try to increase the realism usually have worse control fidelity the standard controllers. When i play a game, i never want to fight against the controller.

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
Wait..... did he put on a suppressor to snipe a guy in the middle of an active war-zone?

Considering the NES blaster had to be made orange because the grey model looked too much like a real gun for police comfort, I don't see this doing very well. I am personally looking forward to some twat getting shot because he put black electrical tape over the orange part and tried to rob a 711 with the "most realistic" light gun to date.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Looks cool and I do miss the old namco light guns but $300 or so is WAAAYYY too much for me to be interested. For that I could get PS move, a gun shaped holder for the controller, and probably just about every compatible game currently available. For that much I may even be able to get an old second hand Point Blank arcade machine.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
I would rather not look/ feel like a tool playing my video games thanks. Also I HATED Golden eye for the wii and I can't imagine this being much better.

I don't want "realistic" I want "best"

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Lono Shrugged said:
I would rather not look/ feel like a tool playing my video games thanks.
Yyyyyyyyyyeah, that's my first thought looking at that video. Like, Oh my God, how much of a jackass would I feel like if someone saw me?

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Looking at the game through the sight of a toy gun just breaks immersion. I don't see the point of trying to make it realistic.

Unless it's made out of steel, recoils, and produces the correct smell after being fired, it will never be close to realistic.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
While I don't sign onto the "video games cause gun violence" idea, but who is going to buy this? Everyone is already used to traditional controllers and using it makes anyone walking in on your thinking you're the next Lanza, even if you decidedly aren't. There's a reason why the guns at the arcade don't look or act realistic at all, and are painted wacky fun colors.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
That trailer is so stupid, I'd be embarrassed to own that thing. It's just a stupid gimmick, but the trailer made it so much worse for me.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
Eh, mouse and keyboard still trump this and the cheesy warzone in the halfway point was ridiculous.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
How do they mimic real recoil though? I highly doubt it matches the recoil of an actual firearm. Not even close I'd imagine.

Zeren

Aug 6, 2011
If I'm going to use a replica gun and pretend I'm in a real battle, I'll just stick to airsoft. At least with that I wouldn't look like a complete moron.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Ne1butme said:
no thanks,

I'll stick with a controller, or even better, a mouse/keyboard combo. Controllers that try to increase the realism usually have worse control fidelity the standard controllers. When i play a game, i never want to fight against the controller.
^This. Also, that's one of the worst ads for such a thing I've seen. Play a real game, watching him "play" a directed scene is uninformative and stupid, and that's ignoring the fact the guy sucks as an actor (or that's one of the worst scripts ever, I'm guessing both).

Also, "it doesn't get any more real than this"? Yeah, I prefer using a keyboard/mouse (or a controller if I must) that I don't look at, than holding a plastic assault rifle and pulling out a gun or a knife in the game, that's about as unrealistic as it gets :p

DiamanteGeeza

Jun 25, 2010
Karloff said:
Tap the magazine to reload, and swing the stock to melee. If you lean your head down towards the scope, the screen zooms in on your target
Yep, because all of that is way quicker than moving your finger an inch and pressing a button. Perhaps there a fetish out there where people enjoy dying a lot in online shooters, because this seems tailor-made for them...

And as for that advert...? Aside from it being completely terrible, it sends entirely the wrong message about gaming, and one that we're trying to distance ourselves from. Faux Snooze is going to have a field day when they finally stumble across this.