Rocksmith 2014 Reveals Full Track List

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Rocksmith 2014 Reveals Full Track List

Rocksmith 2014 will include 55 tracks plus the ability to import songs from the original Rocksmith.

The 2014 edition of Rocksmith is just a week away, and today Ubisoft revealed the full track list that will be included with the game. Without further ado:

Aerosmith - Walk This Way
Alice Cooper - No More Mr. Nice Guy
Alice In Chains - Stone
Arctic Monkeys - R U Mine?
Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country
Bob Dylan - Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Boston - Peace Of Mind
Bush - Machinehead
B'z - ultra soul
Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me (2012)
Deftones - My Own Summer (Shove It)
EarlyRise - Wasteland
Fang Island - Chompers
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Gold Motel - Brand New Kind Of Blue
Green Day - X-Kid
Iron Maiden - The Trooper
Jack White - Sixteen Saltines
JAWS - Stay In
Joe Satriani - Satch Boogie
Kiss - Rock And Roll All Nite
La Sera - Love That's Gone
Magic Wands - Black Magic
Mastodon - Blood and Thunder
Minus The Bear - Cold Company
Monster Truck - Sweet Mountain River
Muse - Knights Of Cydonia
Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box
Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger
Pantera - Cemetery Gates
Paramore - Now
PAWS - Sore Tummy
Queen - We Are The Champions
Radiohead - Paranoid Android
Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
Ratt - Round And Round
Red Fang - Wires
R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
Rise Against - Savior
Rush - The Spirit Of Radio
Screaming Females - Rotten Apple
Slayer - War Ensemble
Splashh - All I Wanna Do
System Of A Down - Hypnotize
Tak Matsumoto - GO FURTHER
The Dear Hunter - Stuck On A Wire Out On A Fence
The Kinks - You Really Got Me
The Police - Every Breath You Take
The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black
The Shins - For A Fool
The Smashing Pumpkins - The Chimera
The Who - My Generation
Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Mary Jane's Last Dance
Weezer - Say It Ain't So
White Zombie - Thunder Kiss '65

Owners of the original Rocksmith will be able to import songs from that edition into the new game for an as-yet-unspecified fee. Songs from the first game have been "revamped" to take advantage of the new features of the 2014 release, and any DLC bought for Rocksmith will be compatible with Rocksmith 2014 at no extra cost.

Rocksmith 2014 is scheduled to come out on October 22, 2013, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and Mac.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Gosh dang it, most of these songs have already been used in Guitar Hero/Rock Band/Donkey Konga. Can we get a little bit of creativity in there? I mean, here's an idea: Instead of, say, Bostons' "Peace of Mind", how about, Bostons' "Man I'll Never Be"? Or the Kinks, instead of "You Really Got Me", how about "Animal Farm" or "See My Friends"? I mean there are so many more songs then just these. Don't go for what's popular, actually expose people to all sorts of Rock Songs!

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
I like the list, but now we have to pay extra to import songs from a game we already bought? way to support brand loyalty...

Mr.Mattress said:
Gosh dang it, most of these songs have already been used in Guitar Hero/Rock Band/Donkey Konga. Can we get a little bit of creativity in there? I mean, here's an idea: Instead of, say, Bostons' "Peace of Mind", how about, Bostons' "Man I'll Never Be"? Or the Kinks, instead of "You Really Got Me", how about "Animal Farm" or "See My Friends"? I mean there are so many more songs then just these. Don't go for what's popular, actually expose people to all sorts of Rock Songs!
guitar hero and rock band don't count, different games alltogether.

The

Jan 24, 2012
Andy Chalk said:
Rocksmith 2014 is scheduled to come out on October 22, 2014, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and Mac.

Wrong release date. It's actually coming out this Oct 22, which is in 6 days.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Floppertje said:
Mr.Mattress said:
I certainly count it as the same Genre.

Also, I just thought of another song: Instead of Aerosmith's "Walk This Way", they could change it with one of the best Aerosmith songs (At least in my opinion), "Jaine's Gotta Gun".

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
Wow, way better than anything Guitar Hero had to offer in its final years (except Warriors of Rock, which had a kickass tracklist).

My friend JP is really looking forward to this. He actually DID learn to play guitar from Rocksmith and went from knowing only how to play bass to play rhythm guitar in any song without mistakes in 4 months. And he and I just LOVE to belt out Blood and Thunder together.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The said:
Wrong release date. It's actually coming out this Oct 22, which is in 6 days.
Yup, my bad. Double-checked the PR and it does actually say 2014, but in hindsight the idea of releasing a track list more than a year in advance is kind of ridiculous. Thanks for the heads-up, the post has been adjusted accordingly.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Mr.Mattress said:
I have the opposite opinion: As somebody who learned to love all these songs from Guitar Hero, it'll be cool to learn to play them on a real Guitar.

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
I'm working on learning bass now, and I've been trying for some of Paramore's easier songs; glad to see them on the playlist. "Now" does seem like an excellent selection for guitar, even if the bass part is less interesting outside of the bridge. :)

I've been looking at buying the original for a little while, but haven't yet, so here's the question -- do I buy the original for cheap, then 2014 later, or do I just buy 2014?

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
I would totally get behind this game series if the cable wasn't so fucking expensive, I own a guitar, but I've never gotten around to learning to play, and game format seems the best way to do so.

I wonder if Freebird is there as a sort of "impossible" final boss song.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
I've had this bass for quite some time now, never learned how to play it. Had acoustic lessons but that was AGES ago.

Definitely a purchase for me, got some nice songs too.

Akichi Daikashima said:
I would totally get behind this game series if the cable wasn't so fucking expensive, I own a guitar, but I've never gotten around to learning to play, and game format seems the best way to do so.

Don't you get the cable with the game though?

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
Longstreet said:
Akichi Daikashima said:

Don't you get the cable with the game though?
Not if you buy the digital download, like on Steam.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Mr.Mattress said:
Games tend to go for what's easy to license, which limits the field somewhat and is why you saw redundancy. However, most of these songs have never seen release on a 'real' guitar game, even through Rock Band 3's pro mode.

In fact, had they had this soundtrack for the first one, it'd be a good way to cash in. Like jamming out to these songs? Want to take the next step and learn them?

Floppertje said:
I like the list, but now we have to pay extra to import songs from a game we already bought? way to support brand loyalty...
Would you prefer they be completely unavailable? Because that's the alternative.

UNHchabo said:
I've been looking at buying the original for a little while, but haven't yet, so here's the question -- do I buy the original for cheap, then 2014 later, or do I just buy 2014?
We don't know how much the import process costs and whether you need the original game, so it's hard to make a recommendation.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Mr.Mattress said:
Floppertje said:
Mr.Mattress said:
I certainly count it as the same Genre.
One genre uses a crappy plastic fake-guitar with buttons, the other ACTUALLY teaches you to play the song on a REAL guitar. I'd say they're not the same thing. Guitar-hero/rockband is more akin to air-guitar than REAL instrumental play...

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Floppertje said:
Would you prefer they be completely unavailable? Because that's the alternative.
no, the alternative is to just let us import the songs for free. you can do it with the dlc from the first one, those are the same type of files so there's no reason they should charge us for it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Floppertje said:
no, the alternative is to just let us import the songs for free. you can do it with the dlc from the first one, those are the same type of files so there's no reason they should charge us for it.
Aside from, you know, licensing issues. Licensing does cost money after all, and on-disc titles are licensed differently. Harmonix did the same thing with the Rock Band series, and it was considered revolutionary and was well-received because they took that extra step and let us port the songs forward.

DLC, by the way? Still has licensing issues. They are merely different.

I mean, yeah, technically they could eat the licensing cost for all the on-disc songs, but that's not pragmatic. They could also give us the RealTone cable free. Or DLC for free.

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
Dang, i'm looking forward to mastering War Ensemble. Not the best list, but i think it looks decent enough as a supplement to the first game, a good variety of styles and a good mix of hard and easy. I missed some tricky stuff in the first one and it seems they found a bit for this one. I just wished there could be some tech wank in there.