AC IV And Watch Dogs Will Have 60 Mins of PS3/4 Exclusive Content

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
AC IV And Watch Dogs Will Have 60 Mins of PS3/4 Exclusive Content

Three additional Assassin's Creed IV and four additional Watch Dogs missions will be exclusive to the PS3 and PS4 versions of the games.

If you're one of those bi-curious gamers with multiple platforms, or are planning to pick up both the Xbox One and PS4 at launch, it's worth noting that the PS3 and PS4 versions of both Assassin's Creed IV and Watch Dogs will have around 60 minutes each of exclusive bonus content.

The PlayStation versions of Assassin's Creed IV will contain three additional bonus missions. The missions will follow Aveline, the first leading female Assassin who headlined the PS Vita exclusive: Assassin's Creed III: Liberation.

Similarly, the PS3/4 version of Watch Dogs will contain four exclusive additional missions centered on a faction fighting for freedom in the digital age. "As vigilante Aiden Pearce, players can help them get their revenge against a Chicago tech mogul who did them wrong. Upon completion of the extra missions, players will unlock an exclusive suit for Aiden Pearce."

While Sony claims that these packs will only be available on the PS3 and PS4, the Aveline pack for Assassin's Creed IV is currently listed on the Steam store as part of the AC IV Season Pass [http://store.steampowered.com/app/242050/].

Assassin's Creed IV will release on PS3, Wii U, and Xbox 360 on 31 October 2013 and will follow soon after on PS4, PC and Xbox One. Watch Dogs, which was initially slated for a November 21 release date, has been pushed back to "Spring 2014" on all platforms.

Source: PlayStation Blog [http://au.playstation.com/ps3/news/articles/detail/item622531/PlayStation-exclusive-content-for-Assassins-Creed-IV-and-Watch_Dogs/]

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Steven Bogos said:
Three additional Assassin's Creed IV .. missions
The PlayStation versions of Assassin's Creed IV will contain four additional bonus missions.
3 or 4?

I hope PC gets the bonus missions aswell. Might be the only chance to play a female assassin on any of the main platforms because frat boy control groups think girls have cooties.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Steven Bogos said:
The PlayStation versions of Assassin's Creed IV will contain four additional bonus missions.
3 or 4?

I hope PC gets the bonus missions aswell. Might be the only chance to play a female assassin on any of the main platforms because frat boy control groups think girls have cooties.
AC4 gets three missions, while Watch Dogs gets four.

Aveline, the first leading female Assassin who headlined Assassin's Creed® III Liberation on PlayStation®Vita, returns in Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag with three missions exclusively for PS4 and PS3.
For Watch_Dogs, PS4 and PS3 players will receive four exclusive additional missions...
I hope PC gets some love as well, I wonder if this is a timed exclusive like MS and Bethesda or something else.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
I am fine with content being limited to a console for a period of time and then released for the other later, that happened with the 360, but if this content will be a permanent exclusive to the Sony consoles I highly doubt I would buy the game. To me this is worse then Day 1 DLC, for we paid the exact same for the game, but because we didn't pick the right platform we get less content for our money.

Berny Marcus

May 20, 2013
With Ubisoft having some financial problems after the poor performance of Blacklist, and Rayman, one would think they shouldn't resort to exclusiveness tactics like this.

I really hate it when content becomes exclusive to one console if it comes from a Third Party developer/publisher,

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I play on Playstation so I'll be getting this content but I don't like this kind of exclusive..its not like the 360/xbone version will be cheaper.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Steven Bogos said:
3 or 4?

My bad, should be three missions for ACIV, four missions for watch dogs

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Berny Marcus said:
With Ubisoft having some financial problems after the poor performance of Blacklist, and Rayman, one would think they shouldn't resort to exclusiveness tactics like this.

I really hate it when content becomes exclusive to one console if it comes from a Third Party developer/publisher,
Actually, this is exactly what they should do to cash in some more. They are banking that "X > Y", where X is the amount of money Sony paid for these kinda-exclusives, while Y is the amount of money lost from people so outraged about this that they don't buy it on ANY system. And I'm pretty sure it's a solid bet.

That's from a purely profit-oriented standpoint. Matters such as fairness and such remain on the table, I'm just saying that financially it's probably a sound move.

It's even sounder when you consider that the content is likely only a timed exclusive which will be sold as plain DLC on other platforms down the line...

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Berny Marcus said:

Sanunes said:
I am fine with content being limited to a console for a period of time and then released for the other later, that happened with the 360, but if this content will be a permanent exclusive to the Sony consoles I highly doubt I would buy the game. To me this is worse then Day 1 DLC, for we paid the exact same for the game, but because we didn't pick the right platform we get less content for our money.
Sadly I had this as a pre order for my Xbox and now I'll be asking for a refund. This makes me feel like I'm being cheated on my games. So yeah it went from a day one buy to a rent.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
this sucks. i got used to it that ubi always postpones pc versions but now making one platform exclusive pisses me off. season pass for steam, well thats nice ,but im getting the retail version that runs automatically over uplay. so does that mean i cant get it from there? or will i have it since i have pre ordered it?
now i feel like canceling AC4 as well. already canceled watch dogs due franchise policy and BF4 because i want to wait for the premium version. but even htis now gives me to think if premium is even worth it.

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Steven Bogos said:
3 or 4?

I guessing bonus content will be in every version of the game except it will be locked on pc and xbox, fortunately lots of pc gamers like to mess with in-game files so except a fix that will unlock those missions.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
They did that with Brotherhood with Copernicus... One of those was the most frustrating mission to get a 100% sync... in the AC series.

In other words, this isn't new, guys.

mateushac

Apr 4, 2010
Oh well. My interest in Watch Dogs just went down by quite a bit. Not that I'm not going to buy it, but rather that I'm going to wait a little bit for a price drop on PC.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
What they mean by exclusive for a month or two, then they sell it on the other platforms. They did that with AC3.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
After the comment Ubisoft made about the PS4 being the better console on which to buy ACIV, saying something about the wind, that apparently WONT be on the Xbox One, I got pissed and decided to cancel my preorder. That was awhile ago, and I have slowly been leaning back towards buying the game again. Well, thanks for reinforcing my stance, Ubisoft. Honestly, its a pretty stupid thing for them to do, considering that your games have sold the best on the Xbox, and you are going to slap our hands? I dont think so.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
IceStar100 said:
Berny Marcus said:

Sanunes said:
Sadly I had this as a pre order for my Xbox and now I'll be asking for a refund. This makes me feel like I'm being cheated on my games. So yeah it went from a day one buy to a rent.
EXACTLY. Some might would say that they are trying to get more sales on the Playstation brand, since they already have the biggest sales on the Xbox. Fine, then give them some exclusive skins or something. But extra content? Yeah, you lost me as a customer, then. I hope ALOT of xbox fans do the same.

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
To all the XBox players complaining here... congrats, this is how ps3/pc gamers have felt with nearly every major release this generation that Microsoft paid off for a timed exclusive. Now the winds are changing, and the PS4 is going to be the one getting the exclusive stuff, enjoy.

Riff Moonraker said:
After the comment Ubisoft made about the PS4 being the better console on which to buy ACIV, saying something about the wind, that apparently WONT be on the Xbox One, I got pissed and decided to cancel my preorder. That was awhile ago, and I have slowly been leaning back towards buying the game again. Well, thanks for reinforcing my stance, Ubisoft. Honestly, its a pretty stupid thing for them to do, considering that your games have sold the best on the Xbox, and you are going to slap our hands? I dont think so.
So you were originally upset because of the fact that Ubisoft said the PS4 version would have superior wind and wave simulation over the Xbox One??
The developers are simply making use of more hardware muscle on one system over the other, maybe you should choose the one with the superior performance instead of being upset that your choice isn't as capable. Again, this is something PS3 users have had to deal with for most of this generation. Or just buy it on PC.