See Who's 50 Years Unfold In Day Of The Doctor Trailer

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
See Who's 50 Years Unfold In Day Of The Doctor Trailer

How many specials can you spot?

The Day of the Doctor is very close at hand - November 23rd is the due date - and to keep you on your toes, Auntie Beeb has a trailer for you. Watch and enjoy, from the first Doctor to the most current, but bear in mind: there's more here than meets the eye. Up on your Doctor trivia? We'll see.

There's plenty of nods to Doctors past and present - assuming those terms even apply - and if you're careful, you'll pick them out. Did you spot Bessie, or the tiny Yetis? Nicely done, and if you want a few more specials and aren't fussed about finding them yourself, have a look over here [http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/article/11-things-we-loved-in-the-doctor-who-50-year-trailer/]. But only look if you haven't worked out what that number means and aren't going to find out on your own. What number, you ask? You'll have to look very closely to spot it ...

The anniversary special will be broadcast simultaneously in several different countries, to avoid leaks and spoilers. Among other confirmed cast in the episode is Billie Piper as Rose Tyler and John Hurt as a forgotten past incarnation of the Doctor. Wondering what his role is? So are we all, but you'll have to wait till November to find out.

Source: Doctor Who YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/user/doctorwho?feature=watch]

Note: the original article suggested Piper wasn't in the trailer, but that's due to me not seeing her at 0.38 in. My error!

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
I am almost more interested in seeing if it can live up to the massive hype that's been built up around it than the actual reason for why 1 to 11 is on screen. Plus. For all I know it could just be dismissed with "timey-wimey". Though, I wonder what is going to be the big change. Because you can't have a 50 year anniversary without a phenomenal revelation or change. I doubt it will be the doctor's name, not even Moffat is that crazy...... I think

As for my reaction to the trailer: *fangasms and collapses while smiling*

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I can't wait for this special as well as all the other stuff happening for the Anniversary like the documentery on the start of the show, and, even more so, the special audio drama starring all five of the remaining Classic series doctors (Davison, McGann, McCoy, and the Bakers).

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Well I'm intrigued. Although I couldn't see any hidden numbers. I did see the words "No More" I wonder what that's all about.

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
Well I'm intrigued. Although I couldn't see any hidden numbers. I did see the words "No More" I wonder what that's all about.
at 0:39 bottom right. I've had to re-watch the trailer a few times just to catch *some* of the nods and I would never have gotten them all, being a nu-who watcher.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
FORGOTTEN. PAST. INCARNATION? EEEEEEE~!

Sorry, sorry... I'm okay now. I just... I have probably missed a season or two and I'm STILL super excited. I will, of course, watch them in order and wait...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Somethingfake said:
canadamus_prime said:
at 0:39 bottom right. I've had to re-watch the trailer a few times just to catch *some* of the nods and I would never have gotten them all, being a nu-who watcher.
Ah, thanks.

Ok after watching it several times I've only been able to see the fobs watch, the number, and the laser screwdriver.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Holy shit that trailer is AWESOME! Now I'm intrigued, gonna have to mark the calender for this one...

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
@Vie: It's JOHN HURT, I'm sure he'll do fine.

It's the writing I'm worried about.

Mista M is very much a 'miss', to me.
He goes around pissing on the continuity, fan base, and then playing the victim when fans call him out on it.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Tanis said:
I'm still hoping he's The Valeyard.
I half think he's the Valeyard and half think he's "The Doctor" that turned into 9 (Ecclestone). Spoilers(ish) for anyone below for anyone trying to avoid them, if you don't want to know anything about the 50th anniversary episode, just don't read it:

I believe Moffat has said that he's in between 8 and 9, so an incarnation, but not "The Doctor", plus Smith even said, that he didn't get to have the name of The Doctor because of what he did, ie used the moment to end the time war. But not the Valeyard, because he was fully /evil/, Hurts Doctor committed genocide on the Time Lords and the Daleks, but to save the universe, so a hard almost monstrous decision, but not exactly evil per say. Considering the Daleks are pure evil, and the Time Lords wanted to sacrifice the whole universe to survive at the end.

But it's possible he could be the Valeyard, given Richard E Grants character brought it up "The Name of The Doctor", seems odd to bring it up now out of nowhere if it isn't a clue. But he was to be between 11 and 12, rather than what I said in the spoiler. Heck, Peter Capaldi could be the Valeyard, I certainly can't see him being a fun whimsical Doctor at any rate.

Plus, as unlikely as it is, I would love to see this be how it is:

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Just before 10, there's a humanoid with its back to the camera... now maybe it's just the angle but his right hand looks all mangled. Aside from that, from behind the uniform is oddly reminiscent of the Brigadier's AU counterpart.

Unless I'm massively grasping at straws and it turns out to be Captain Jack... either way, I'm pumped or the special now!

Madame_Lawliet

Jul 16, 2013
I clicked on the thread thinking we were talking about this who...

OT: Never cared much about Dr. Who, don't really think this'll change my mind, I do hope the fans enjoy it though.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I really hope this lives up to the hype.

Props to Murray Gold for the awesome music though!

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Azure-Supernova said:
Just before 10, there's a humanoid with its back to the camera... now maybe it's just the angle but his right hand looks all mangled. Aside from that, from behind the uniform is oddly reminiscent of the Brigadier's AU counterpart.

Unless I'm massively grasping at straws and it turns out to be Captain Jack... either way, I'm pumped or the special now!
Oh that is totally the Brigade Leader from Inferno. Five rounds rapid!

Glad to see D84, the Cloven Hoof and a proper Auton. Can't seem to find a Jagaroth, the Peking Homunculus, or a Krynoid though...but I did hear a rumour that the Zygons could be returning... could Kate Stewart be wearing the kilt?

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Visually interesting, but I still don't know why I should care about this "Day of the Doctor".

I'm not sure if even Tennant and Piper will be enough to break this apathy about Moffat's Doctor Who.