New Pikachu Game Features Terrifying Pikachu-Man

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
New Pikachu Game Features Terrifying Pikachu-Man

A new Pokemon game starring the yellow mascot is reportedly in the works for the 3DS.

While the world is busy wrapped up in the Pokemon fever surrounding the launch of X and Y, Japanese TV station NHK will offer a sneak peak into a different kind of Pokemon game in an upcoming program. We've heard very little about this game, except that it will star Pikachu and be available on the 3DS, and while the preview trailer for the NHK program did offer a few "in development" screenshots, it was still quite scarce on details.

One of the screenshots, which you can see above, shows a somewhat terrifying Pikachu forced to contort his face to mimic human facial gestures. Another shows someone using a magnifying glass to examine the yellow rat.

The upcoming program, called "Professional-Style of Work" will examine the success of the Pokemon franchise, as well as take a longer peak at the "top secret" Pikachu game's development process. The game is said to use "playfulness" as a weapon to take on the world.

Pokemon producer and CEO of the Pokemon Company Tsunekazu Ishihara will be making an appearance in the full episode of the special program, which will be airing on October 28, so you'll have to wait until then to see exactly what this game will be all about.

What do you think this game will be all about? From the looks of things, it's possibly some kind of Tamagotchi-style virtual pet, though i'm not sure how that would fill up a full-priced 3DS game.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/21/a-peek-at-the-upcoming-top-secret-pokemon-game-featuring-pikachu/]

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Normally when I read a headline about a terrifying new X in a game...yeah, don't tend to believe it.

But that is genuinely a bit creepy.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
Pinkamena said:
I feel like this needs to be posted.
Honestly I would've rather had something like this.

C'mon Nintendo, where's my official Fist of the North Star X Pokemon collaboration? Better yet, make it JoJo's Bizarre Adventure with Dio portraying Gary Oak.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Always great to see that the Escapist community is never too far from burning my eyes with pictures they've been saving.

Here's something to help relieve the eye burning sensation:

Victim of Progress

Jul 11, 2011
Damn it people, I can't believe no one posted this yet. They obviously picked this image as a reference

Catchpa: "I'm Sorry" - You better be

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
I'd say that rather than creepy, he just looks really stoned.

"Hey you know, you know what? My trainer put me up against an Onix once. I still beat it though, true story. Got any more weed?"
Asuka Soryu said:
Here's something to help relieve the eye burning sensation:
Picture's not coming up unfortunately.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
From the looks of things, it's possibly some kind of Tamagotchi-style virtual pet, though i'm not sure how that would fill up a full-priced 3DS game.
Really? Nintendogs (and cats!) was pretty much a glorified tamigotchi and they made multiple versions of those games. Across two consoles!

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Proverbial Jon said:
Steven Bogos said:
From the looks of things, it's possibly some kind of Tamagotchi-style virtual pet, though i'm not sure how that would fill up a full-priced 3DS game.
Really? Nintendogs (and cats!) was pretty much a glorified tamigotchi and they made multiple versions of those games. Across two consoles!
Didn't they already do this?

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Maybe a "Hey you, Pikachu!" sequel?

Or maybe it will be a game featuring Longchu.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Grayjack said:
Maybe a "Hey you, Pikachu!" sequel?
OlasDAlmighty said:
Didn't they already do this?

They already made a sequel. Introducing Pokemon Channel! Watch as your favorite mouse wastes his time (And yours) sitting on the couch eating bon bons!