Adventure Time Game Gets 3DS Exclusive Collector's Edition

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Adventure Time Game Gets 3DS Exclusive Collector's Edition

Adventure Time: Explore The Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!'s collector's edition is exclusive to the 3DS because I DON'T KNOW!

Adventure Time: Explore The Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! is shaping up to be quite a neat looking game. It is a 4-player co-op hack-and-slash, that is inspired by those brutal roguelikes of old. Hype has been quietly building ahead of it's November 12 release, and the latest is a special collector's edition exclusive to the 3DS version of the game.

The special edition comes with the game, a limited edition BMO steelbook case, a bonus DVD with actor interviews, concept sketches from series creator Pendleton Ward, and an exclusive Finn and Jake dungeon guide.

In the game, Players strive to save the Candy Kingdom by exploring the mysterious Secret Royal Dungeon deep below the Land of Ooo. Pendleton Ward will be including a "huge reveal," which will eventually come up in the show, and players will have to complete the game to find.

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! features the voice talents of the show's most popular characters, including John DiMaggio (of Futurama fame) as Jake. Playable characters will include Finn, Jake, Marceline, Ice King, Cinnamon Bun, Flame Princess, Lumpy Space Princess, Lemongrab and Peppermint Butler.

Ward is working closely with developer WayForward technologies to ensure the game accurately portrays the Adventure Time style.

Why the edition is exclusive to the 3DS and not any of the other platform's is anyone's guess, perhaps because the show's BMO character most resembles Nintendo's GameBoy?

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/24/new-adventure-time-game-gets-impressive-collectors-edition-3ds/]

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I swear this game better come to Europe since that DS game never reach Uk shore I think. Yes I can import it but still.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
I swear this game better come to Europe since that DS game never reach Uk shore I think. Yes I can import it but still.
The 3DS is region locked so that's going to be difficult unless you have a way of bypassing it.

OT: That looks pretty neat, vut I'm not sure if I would actually pay the extra for it. I'll see if the price is right... And if it gets released over here...

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
this will look nice sitting next to the other 3ds collectors edition game, which looked like the enchiridion, and had a title so long that it makes searching for it slightly annoying

(the popularity of which is likely the reason why this one exists)

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
So I may not be getting the collectors edition due to a lack of cash but I need this game.
I can't wait to play as Flame Princess and Lemongrab.

serious biscuit

Jul 3, 2012
Scarim Coral said:
good news looks like we do get it. Bad news its in December and with no collectors edition in sight.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
I'm a bit disappointed they haven't announced playable BMO, s/he was always my favorite character.

I'll get this game regardless, but probably on PC, assuming it's on Steam.

P.S. Thanks

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
I will cry tears of joy if Princess Bubblegum/Peebles/PB/Preebs becomes a playable character! For the glory of the Candy Kingdom!

Otherwise, I'll settle for Marceline :)

P.S. Raggedy Princess doesn't get enough love.

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
Very tempting, but I'm going to wait for reviews before I buy it.

Been burned one too many times before.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
RipVanTinkle said:
I will cry tears of joy if Princess Bubblegum/Peebles/PB/Preebs becomes a playable character! For the glory of the Candy Kingdom!

Otherwise, I'll settle for Marceline :)

P.S. Raggedy Princess doesn't get enough love.
from what I've seen she seems to be the main "quest giver" of sorts.