BioShock Infinite: Burial At Sea Launch Date Revealed

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BioShock Infinite: Burial At Sea Launch Date Revealed

BioShock Infinite: Burial At Sea will return to Rapture next month.

Burial At Sea Episode 1, the second DLC release for the hit BioShock Infinite, will take fans back to where it all began: the undersea Utopia of Rapture on New Year's Eve in 1958, the night it all fell apart. The city has been almost entirely recreated in the BioShock Infinite engine, while combat has been "rebalanced and reworked" to place a greater emphasis on stealth and resource management. The DLC features a new weapon and an "old favorite" from the original game, a new Plasmid, new Gear and more.

Rather than a continuation of the BioShock: Infinite story, Burial At Sea will take place in an alternate universe, with Booker and Elizabeth playing characters in a "classic noir" detective story. Designer Ken Levine called it a "love letter to the fans," and promised that it will "give gamers a new perspective on the BioShock universe."

BioShock Infinite: Burial At Sea Episode 1 launches worldwide on November 12 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, with a $14.99 price tag. It will also be available as part of the BioShock Infinite Season Pass.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Wait, the twelfth? NO! X-COM Enemy Within and Burial at Sea on the same date when I'm short on cash? DON'T MAKE ME CHOSE!

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
erttheking said:
Wait, the twelfth? NO! X-COM Enemy Within and Burial at Sea on the same date when I'm short on cash? DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!
Prudence would suggest Bioshock Infinite's DLC, purely because of the spoiler risk.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
damn, and im just about to move away and wont have a chance to connect my computer to the net for some time:(

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Waitaminute... a AAA title expansion that's releasing on consoles and PC at the SAME TIME? Haven't seen that happen for awhile.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
/Dances a happy dance

This is still the last time I ever get a season pass though, still cant believe they sold them and didn't even have any firm plans for DLC.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
My oh my... this looks more and more like an interesting piece of DLC.
Xcom and Bioshock Infinite... choices, choices...