Sine Mora Joins the PS+ Instant Games Collection Tomorrow

Josh Engen

Aug 19, 2013
Sine Mora Joins the PS+ Instant Games Collection Tomorrow

Starting tomorrow, Sine Mora, everyone's favorite time-based shoot-em-up, will be free for PlayStation Plus members.

Even though the PlayStation 4 is just around the corner, Sony is, apparently, trying make their current generation of consoles even more addictive. Hotline Miami, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and Rayman Origins are already among the titles that make up the increasingly impressive PlayStation Plus Instant Games Collection. But Sine Mora is about to give Vita's library a shot in the arm.

Sine Mora, a title that means "without delay," is one of those games that people genuinely seem to love, but it manages to fly just below the radar. Last year, when Digital Reality and Grasshopper Manufacture released Sine Mora, it was met with an overwhelmingly positive response. However, it never garnered the kind of indie credibility that many of its peers enjoyed. Perhaps, its appearance in the Instant Games Collection will push it back into the limelight.

However, if you're not looking for a time-based shoot-em-up, then Sine Mora might not strike your fancy. Luckily, it's the second week of Sony's Sale of the Dead promotion. Franchises like Dead Space, BioShock, and Fatal Frame have all received hefty price cuts. And several recently released titles like Puppeteer, DMC: Devil May Cry, and Metro: Last Light are also on sale.

Your bank account is going to be very angry with you.

Source: PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/28/ps-plus-sine-mora-free-for-members/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PSBlog+(PlayStation.Blog)]

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Just a heads-up for us EU PS Plus users, Guacamelee is supposed to be being added for us at some point, alongside Remember Me, Metal Gear Rising and Oddworld: Strangers Wrath that were added last week.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Andy Shandy said:
Just a heads-up for us EU PS Plus users, Guacamelee is supposed to be being added for us at some point, alongside Remember Me, Metal Gear Rising and Oddworld: Strangers Wrath that were added last week.
Has this been confirmed for sure (link if possible)? I know a few sites had stated we'd get Guacamelee but the staff on the EU PS blog seem to have deliberately avoided addressing this issue.

On topic I hope we get some better (/cheaper) content added to the PSN sale in the EU. Seeing what NA got last week compared to what we got was disheartening to say the least. Plus I want Bioshock for a fiver.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Battenberg said:
Andy Shandy said:
Has this been confirmed for sure (link if possible)? I know a few sites had stated we'd get Guacamelee but the staff on the EU PS blog seem to have deliberately avoided addressing this issue.

On topic I hope we get some better (/cheaper) content added to the PSN sale in the EU. Seeing what NA got last week compared to what we got was disheartening to say the least. Plus I want Bioshock for a fiver.
I'm sure one of the articles I saw had the Twitter of the studio who made it confirming it but for the life of me I can't find the article now, so maybe there has been some sort of mix up.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Ooooo I do love shooters. I miss that genre. It's simple and yet draws you in. Oh the hours I'd spend in the arcade dropping quarters into those metal monstrosities. Gotta say that PS+ has been worth the cost. Although some of the games released are ones I own on PC (X Com, Spec Ops, Hotline Miami) I good variety to entertain anyone.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Sine Mora was awesome. Got it on PC and don't regret it.
It has a surprisingly serious plot about racial genocide, rape, and slavery so... be ready for that.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
As someone who owns (and loves) the vita, but doesn't have a PS3, how good is the Vita stuff on PS+ generally? I'll play pretty much any genre, but the thought of shelling out on a 32 / 64 gig memory card really isn't helping. The best value memory card I can find is the 64GB. At around £1 per gig that's a lot of money.

But yeah, Sine Mora looks pretty awesome. And I'm seriously thinking about picking up a cheap PS3 for the exclusives and PS+ as we reach Christmas.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Sine Mora was glorious on PC, tight controls, gorgeous graphics and the plot really took me by surprise for being rather engaging, if you don't mind a bit of text to read before missions.

Just be prepared for hungarian voice-overs when it comes to spoken dialogue.

EDIT: While I didn't have any problems on keyboard controls. I can see how this game would benefit from other control systems. Either way, I heartily recommend it! :D

s_h_a_d_o

Mr Propellerhead
Jun 15, 2010
Erm... got this months back via EU PS+
I know it may be a difficult concept for some US residents to grasp, but given a global readership, perhaps more thought should be given to regional specification in such articles.
Just sayin'.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I can't be one of the few who seems to have not enjoyed this game that much? Don't get me wrong, I love these games. But I just couldn't get into it. I felt the music was lacking, I was never able to keep my attack upgrades (No matter how hard I tried) and FFFFFFUCK the 2nd last boss (I think it was that far in, though I can't remember) Just... didn't work for me. Looked great though, and the story was surprisingly deep

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Aetheora said:
I can't be one of the few who seems to have not enjoyed this game that much?
The game was horrible. All style and no substance.

I hated you couldn't always tell what parts of the background foreground could hurt you.

Perhaps I've been spoit, what with all the Cave shooters I own, but this game looked pretty, but the gameplay was very boring. The time aspect didn't do anything to improve matters, and seemed to be more there to address the game's issues than an integral part of the game.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Terramax said:
Aetheora said:
I can't be one of the few who seems to have not enjoyed this game that much?
The game was horrible. All style and no substance.

I hated you couldn't always tell what parts of the background foreground could hurt you.

Perhaps I've been spoit, what with all the Cave shooters I own, but this game looked pretty, but the gameplay was very boring. The time aspect didn't do anything to improve matters, and seemed to be more there to address the game's issues than an integral part of the game.
THEY EXIST! Oh good god, THEY EXIST!

I also had that issue. Ran into fucking everything >.> Figured out that anything that looks like it pokes out of the foreground is risky territory. And yeah, it certainly wasn't very exciting. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be pulse pounding and in your face. Judging by the story, I'd go ahead and say fuck no. Still... Could've been a bit more interesting