Let's Watch the Captain America: The Winter Soldier Trailer

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Let's Watch the Captain America: The Winter Soldier Trailer

Winter Soldier is aiming to be a dark, politically-tinged spy thriller in the vein of the Jason Bourne movies... albeit one that still features flying aircraft carriers and bionic arms.

Read Full Article

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
Really liked the trailer, and I agree the only thing missing from it was Batroc. I -really- want to see how Georges St. Pierre works as the French-Canadian Batman.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Didn't realize that guy at the beginning of the trailer is supposed to be Crossbones. One of my favorite Cap villains for sure. He was especially awesome during the Winter Soldier arcs. Think Sin may show up as a surprise reveal?

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Trailer looked awesome. I agree that the new X-Men trailer, while interesting, had nothing dynamic in it, other than "hey, we actually ARE doing this."

But the costumes, Bob liked NONE of them? I dunno, they are at least better that whatever the Avengers suit was supposed to be. Still, my fave thus far was the original suit, which looked like leather over armor, and is apparently what he'll get by the end of this outing.

On that matter, no decent Batsuits either, ever? What does it take to please you Bob?! Ye gods... :p

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
You're not the only one who wants a Black Widow movie, Bob. That would be awesome. And really, we need a female superhero movie, even though she's not technically a superhero.

Now go forth and do the "Days of Future Past" review.

medv4380

The Crazy One
Feb 26, 2010
Thank you for the spoiler warning. I already know but I've seen some people watch this trailer and get syced about the guy. They need to be as surprised as most people when he was originally reveled in the comics. It's unfortunate that anyone googling the Winter soldier will have that spoiled though.

However, at 1:40,
I think the Robert Redford voice it talking to The Winter Soldier, and not to Cap. My Brothers and Father thought initially he was talking to Cap, but when I explained because Cap was on ice for the last century, and The Winter Soldier had been the one running around the last century shaping it with his assassinations, they agreed.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
Cap's suit change reminds me of Iron Man 3, where War Machine became Iron Patriot or whatever to be more politically correct. I suppose SHIELD is supposed to be a global institution, so it makes a lot of sense, but I hope we'll see some conflict arise as a result of the change, rather than having Tony Stark make a few jokes about it and nothing else.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I truly loved the first Captain America: The Winter Soldier trailer. I will admit, it was much more engaging than X-Men: Days of Future Past but, hopefully, the next X trailer will be more eye-catching. In regards to the costume Cap is wearing during most of the movie, its OK and slightly growing on me but I really want to see the star spangled man in his classic threads. Hoping that Falcon will get a costume that is closer to his 616 version and less his Ultimate Marvel version.

The Deadpool

Dec 28, 2007
Will this movie tie into Agents of Shield?

http://marvel.com/news/story/21453/declassifying_marvels_agents_of_shield_the_well

Not 100%, but close enough...

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Fappy said:
Didn't realize that guy at the beginning of the trailer is supposed to be Crossbones. One of my favorite Cap villains for sure. He was especially awesome during the Winter Soldier arcs. Think Sin may show up as a surprise reveal?
Lets not be crazy. That's getting into Fear Itself territory. The movieverse isn't quite ready for a crossover that big yet. Still a lot of characters Disney doesn't own and whatnot.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
I don't really read comics but still I'm gonna go ahead and guess who the winter soldier is.

It's his soldier friend guy from the first movie. Can't remember his name right now but he falls out of that train. We never saw his body which always means you can bring him back. Somehow. I guess. Was he frozen as well?

Well whatever. The trailer looks great and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

Yojoo

Sep 9, 2010
I knew who the Winter Soldier was before the film was even announced, but I'm a bit surprised at how blatant it seems to be. The smokey haze at 1:57 isn't very obscuring. Is it even supposed to be a twist?

Maybe I'm spoiled by how well the twist in Iron Man 3 was handled.

Keith_F

Mar 3, 2010
I'm super impressed by this trailer. Of all the Marvel follow-ups, the Cap sequel was the one I had the least interest in, but the trailer is making it look to be the best of the lot.

I have to say, I'm was also surprised to discover this is directed by the Russo Brothers. They have some impressive TV credits, but most of their experience is in straight up comedy. Really impressed that their first pure action movie looks this good.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Remus said:
Fappy said:
Lets not be crazy. That's getting into Fear Itself territory. The movieverse isn't quite ready for a crossover that big yet. Still a lot of characters Disney doesn't own and whatnot.
Sin returned to the fold LONG before Fear Itself was even an idea. I believe she was working alongside Crossbones even before Cap died at the end of Civil War.

sleeky01

Jan 27, 2011
misterprickly said:
This one look more like a sociopolitical commentary than a comics book movie.
I'm OK with that. Can't save the world all the time after all.