These Are The Battlefield 4 Bugs DICE is Working On

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
These Are The Battlefield 4 Bugs DICE is Working On

DICE have posted a full list [http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065217944685108/] of all the bugs it is currently aware of.

Hey, Battlefield 4 is a great game right? That is, if you can play it for longer than ten minutes without it crashing. It's impossible to deny that the game has quite a few more bugs than we'd expect from a triple A release, but thankfully, DICE are hard at work stomping them out. DICE dev Trydling has posted up a full list [http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065217944685108/] of the bugs that DICE is aware of, and the steps they are taking to remedy them.

As well as the "ten minute crash" bugs (which are "being eliminated as we [DICE] find them"), other bugs currently being worked on include multiplayer progress being lost, singleplayer saves getting corrupted, and server queues not functioning. If you were experiencing the magazine reload bug, or Xbox 360 missions not working as intended, a fix has already been rolled out.

So what's next? "We are working on a PC client patch at the moment and hope to release it soon," said DICE. "We will share the patch notes once we have the patch contents finalized. The main focus is to fix as many crashes as possible, starting with the issues affecting a large number of players. We will update you once we are ready to release new server updates. We are currently working on server update #5, with four being released so far."

If you're experiencing a bug that's not on this list, DICE urges you to please report it.

How is your Battlefield 4 experience so far? Are you enjoying fielding those battles, or have the bugs taken too much away from the experience?

Source: Battlelog [http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065217944685108/]

mirage202

Mar 13, 2012
Oh hey look another AAA game released long before it was ready.

Pre-orders are good right guys?

On a less sarcastic note I'll spare some feels for the people that paid for this mess and can't play it.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Has anyone seen the nerd cubed let's play? Dear god, it's like watching a train wreck inside a sharknado. It's beautiful and terrible at the same time.

Balmong7

Apr 9, 2010
Honestly, I haven't encountered a single bug in 16 hours of playtime. So it's not like the game is unplayable, there are just certain rare bugs that are affecting people, and due to the volume sold it seems like the bugs are more common than they are.

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
Balmong7 said:
Honestly, I haven't encountered a single bug in 16 hours of playtime. So it's not like the game is unplayable, there are just certain rare bugs that are affecting people, and due to the volume sold it seems like the bugs are more common than they are.
I don't know what platform you are playing on, but at least on PC everybody I know is affected by crashes. Me having to suffer the most, but my pc is also the oldest of the bunch. Anyways, good on you, I am really jealous :)

romanator0

Jun 3, 2011
I find this hilarious considering that before the game launched they said the bugs people were finding in the beta weren't an issue because everybody was playing an already outdated version of the game.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
I just don't know what it is about this year and rushed releases.

The really sad part is, the developers knew about these bugs, they don't get past QA, but publishers force them to release anyway. Gotta beat CoD to the punch, right? I mean, it's not like having an unplayable game could possibly affect sales or anything.

Yuuki

Mar 19, 2013
I urge people to stick to 32-player servers, they are far less prone to rubber-banding/lag and for some of the smaller maps/modes I would say 32-player is more enjoyable than 64-player (less of a clusterfuck).

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
looks like its good i canceled my pre order. still have to wait until my pc is fixed and then i move away anyway. so maybe i get it next year when they have fixed all the bugs as they did with BF3. i did enjoy the beta and had no problems with it.

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
Issues aside, it's probably the best FPS I've played. It really is amazing.

However, EA has clearly pestered Dice to rush it out of the door. It's quite evident that it was not ready for release. Unfortunately, developers and publishers think that they can just release a game in any state, and patch it up afterward.

After the crashes, sound issues, and other problems get sorted out (and rubber-banding - if it hasn't already), I think that Battlefield 4 will give Call of Duty a run for its money - especially since next-gen consoles will be able to participate in the full 64-player experience.

HaraDaya

Nov 9, 2009
Yeah definitely crashing a lot. I've got a 33% round completion rate or something. But so worth it.

Pretty much everything I didn't like about BF3 has been fixed. VoIP with people not on your friendslist. Voice commands showing up as text in the chat so people know who's talking. Leaning. Recon has C4. 5 man squads. Knife takedowns can be countered from the front, but not from the back, discouraging people from using the knife unless they know they're unseen. Commanders. Vehicles don't have unlimited ammo.
Plus, the obliteration gamemode is the best addition to the franchise since conquest. The center of the action moves all over the map.

A big thing that still annoys me to no end is how vehicles can still unlock infrared view, and reveal nearby enemies on their minimap. Like they aren't powerful enough against infantry, you also can't hide from them.

Playful Pony

Clop clop!
Sep 11, 2012
Balmong7 said:
I haven't played all that much, but I have also only encountered one minor bug where the magnification thing on my support weapon reversed, so that it would magnify without the scope being infront of the sight, and stop being magnified when it was. Other than that it has been a painfree experience for me.

I only got the game because I got an extremely good deal on it (less than half price), but I have to say that the game is beautiful, runs on 60FPS on my system at max settings and has a lot of neat features that significantly improves upon BF3. I don't tihnk I'd have bought it full price though.

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
Almost unplayable.

Roughly 50% of the matches crash. Stats and unlocks are not saved properly. Lots of random crashes ("Something went wrong" "Client disconnected from game" and other crash reasons..).
During matches people teleport back and forth and there's enough rubber banding to make tires for the rest of the world for a decade.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
HaraDaya said:
Yeah definitely crashing a lot. I've got a 33% round completion rate or something. But so worth it.

Pretty much everything I didn't like about BF3 has been fixed. VoIP with people not on your friendslist. Voice commands showing up as text in the chat so people know who's talking. Leaning. Recon has C4. 5 man squads. Knife takedowns can be countered from the front, but not from the back, discouraging people from using the knife unless they know they're unseen. Commanders. Vehicles don't have unlimited ammo.
Plus, the obliteration gamemode is the best addition to the franchise since conquest. The center of the action moves all over the map.

A big thing that still annoys me to no end is how vehicles can still unlock infrared view, and reveal nearby enemies on their minimap. Like they aren't powerful enough against infantry, you also can't hide from them.
I've finished 4 out of maybe 40 rounds I've played. It's a lot of fun especially with a couple friends in your squad and voip but then it all goes to hell when it just cops out and kicks the whole server.

Neyon

May 3, 2009
Well in my opinion all the biggest problems with Battlefield 4 aren't bugs. They are bad design choices that DICE is never going to change.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
Been on PC. Had a couple server crashes and audio dropout in multiplayer, but nothing heart rending. It seems like my complaints are on their list of things to fix. Singleplayer had some weird moments like enemies phasing to different vertical planes in buildings, but it was functional (if completely disinteresting past raw spectacle).

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
romanator0 said:
I find this hilarious considering that before the game launched they said the bugs people were finding in the beta weren't an issue because everybody was playing an already outdated version of the game.
Even more hilariously, what they said was completely true, the retail release is afflicted by new and unprecedented bugs that weren't in the beta!

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
romanator0 said:
Well, it isn't entirely unexpected. DICE doesn't necessarily have the best reputation for releasing a stable game regardless of how much Beta testing they put it through and regardless of how often they feel the need to tell their fans that they (the fans) are "objectively" wrong.

Neyon said:
Well in my opinion all the biggest problems with Battlefield 4 aren't bugs. They are bad design choices that DICE is never going to change.
"Hey, man! The newer Battlefield games are objectively better than the older (*cough*betterdesigned*cough*) ones. Why? Because we say so, so shut up!"-DICE

Joking aside, I was hoping that Battlefield 4 would actually fix the design problems with the newer Battlefield games and actually build on the ideas presented in BF2, but everything I've read so far seems to indicate that that didn't happen. I still doubt I'll be able to go without at least trying it, but I'm not doing it until the bugs are fixed and I have a friend who already has the game.

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
EA/Dice did a really bad job at marketing the game I just learned it was released a couple of days ago :D.

As for the bugs just get used to being paid beta testers for the first three of four month after the release of MP focused game. This is how the industry works now :(