See PS4's Features Video In All Its Shiny Glory

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
See PS4's Features Video In All Its Shiny Glory

Greatness awaits, you say?

The PS4's due very soon, and to remind you of what you have to look forward to, the folks at Sony have put together a features video. Wondering about its memory, optical drive, or hard disk drive? Wonder no more. Greatness awaits, says Sony. Awaits until November 15th, in North America; November 29th in Europe.

All indications are it's going to be a hell of a launch, both for it and for Microsoft's next generation machine. "Retailers in our checks indicate there is consumer demand well in excess of supply," said Michael Pachter [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129040-Analyst-PS4-and-Xbox-One-Will-Ship-6-Million-Units-Before-the-Years-End] has claimed that the PS4's pre-orders have already topped 1.5 million, and thinks that it will outsell Xbox One "through year's end and probably well into next year."

We shall see. Sony could really use a good Christmas [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123869-Sony-Posts-2013-Profit-Expects-to-Lose-Less-on-PS4-Than-PS3]; whether or not it gets one is something we'll find out very soon.

Source: Games HQ Media [http://www.youtube.com/user/GamesHQMedia?feature=watch]

AldUK

Oct 29, 2010
loa said:
In other news, it is a box.
A black one.
I agree it's really not a very attractive shape. But that has absolutely nothing to do with anything. The shape of the thing should not determine whether you want one or not. Unless you're incredibly petty.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
AldUK said:
loa said:
In other news, it is a box.
A black one.
I agree it's really not a very attractive shape. But that has absolutely nothing to do with anything. The shape of the thing should not determine whether you want one or not. Unless you're incredibly petty.
I liked it better when it was a robot baby from hell though.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Really not sure whether to get one or not. Well; that's not entirely true. I know I'mma get me a PS4 at some undefined point in the coming year or two. Just toying with the idea of release date or not. Choices choices.

s_h_a_d_o

Mr Propellerhead
Jun 15, 2010
It has features?

Last I heard, it won't do much more than just play games, and suck one's wallet/purse dry.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Let's see. I paid it off just a few days ago. Honestly, I'm looking forward to it.

Jamous said:
Really not sure whether to get one or not. Well; that's not entirely true. I know I'mma get me a PS4 at some undefined point in the coming year or two. Just toying with the idea of release date or not. Choices choices.
Well, if it makes you feel any better, you probably won't be able to get one at launch, if you didn't already have it reserved. The store I'm getting mine at has over 100 (130-150 according to the staff) on preorder. Unless they have a ton of systems set aside for others or manage to produce a lot more machines, I doubt there will be many unclaimed on Day One. Last reliable numbers I read claimed there were 725,000 US preorders for the PS4 and 525,000 US preorders for the Xbox One. But that was about 3 weeks ago.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I can wait to get mine, I've only just got a PS3 so I have quite a bit of catching up to do with PS exclusives.

But more on topic, what the fuck was that? "Oh, here's everything you expect from a modern console, isn't it great?"

No Sony, standard isn't great. And taking a better look at the console it looks even worse than before. I'm definitely gonna wait.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
It play games. The end.

Not that I used any of the other features like the DNLA or MP3's, but I am rather miffed that I won't be able to watch movies off an external or back up my save files to it.

Still got Second Son, and sony's track record with exclusives has always made the machine worth it... to me.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Saltyk said:
Let's see. I paid it off just a few days ago. Honestly, I'm looking forward to it.

Jamous said:
Well, if it makes you feel any better, you probably won't be able to get one at launch, if you didn't already have it reserved. The store I'm getting mine at has over 100 (130-150 according to the staff) on preorder. Unless they have a ton of systems set aside for others or manage to produce a lot more machines, I doubt there will be many unclaimed on Day One. Last reliable numbers I read claimed there were 725,000 US preorders for the PS4 and 525,000 US preorders for the Xbox One. But that was about 3 weeks ago.
Well hot damn. I'm kind of surprised to hear those numbers, really. Didn't think either was all that popular tbh. A lot of my friends and I were considering almost entirely forgoing this gen; perhaps picking one up when they've dropped 100 or so in price maybe. I wonder what the sales figures are like here in the UK... RESEARCH TIME.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
s_h_a_d_o said:
It has features?

Last I heard, it won't do much more than just play games, and suck one's wallet/purse dry.
Well, at least it will play games. from the commercials you'd think all Xbone is doing is letting you watch TV.

s_h_a_d_o

Mr Propellerhead
Jun 15, 2010
Strazdas said:
s_h_a_d_o said:
It has features?

Well, at least it will play games. from the commercials you'd think all Xbone is doing is letting you watch TV.
And that, only in North America. :|