Peggle 2 Isn't An Xbox One Launch Title Any More

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Peggle 2 Isn't An Xbox One Launch Title Any More

Sometime in December, maybe, is the word from PopCap.

Peggle 2, the sequel to crazy PopCap success story Peggle [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7-Peggle], isn't going to be an Xbox One launch title. No doubt this will bring tears to the eyes of everyone enthralled by its enthusiastic E3 announcement - yes, that would be you there in the back - but if you were wondering when it will finally grace us with its presence, the answer is December, maybe. No, PopCap doesn't know when in December, or if it does, it's not saying.

"Peggle 2 is a 'launch timeframe' title," says PopCap's Garth Chouteau. Launch timeframe, eh? Sounds like a term that couldn't confuse anyone, with the possible exception of Watch Dogs [http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/gamescom-launch], and look how that turned out.

At least, if Peggle 2 does hit that December window, it'll be available as a Christmas buy. That's got to be good for PopCap, so long as it does release as planned.

Source: Venture Beat [http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/01/xbox-one-peggle-2-delay/]

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
I can see why it's being pushed back. Clearly a game that will push the capabilities of the new tech to its limits.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Wow... Now even EA is delaying titles... Well, It's just Peggle 2, it's not like it was one of their real Flagship titles, but, they're still delaying it.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
After a string of news events like this, I fully expect both X1 and PS4 to launch with exactly 0 games. Just give it a week or two and people will be lining up to buy the 2nd and 3rd most expensive bu-ray players ever.

If even friggin' Peggle has developement problems... what is it running on, the Frostbite engine? The game consists entirely of rectangles, a ball, and simple physics.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
TiberiusEsuriens said:
If even friggin' Peggle has developement problems... what is it running on, the Frostbite engine? The game consists entirely of rectangles, a ball, and simple physics.
EA owns PopCap, and if there's any publisher who excels at finding creative new ways to mismanage their developers, it's EA.
More seriously, knowing EA's modus operandi, my guess the delays are related to some online element not being ready by launch.

sid

Jan 22, 2013
Oh my god, this is sacrilege! I am revoking my xbone preorder right this fucking second, whatever will we do without Peggle 2?

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
I love how self aware this article is. I mean...is there anyone out there that was going to buy an Xbox One for Peggle 2? If so, I genuinely want to meet this person just to observe them.

Synthetica

Jul 10, 2013
Huh, then it's still a launch title in the Netherlands. It's not that I gave a flying saucer about the game or the console, it's just... I don't know.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
I nearly forgot about Peggle being on Xbox One. After reading this article I went and booted up Peggle on my Steam account. It's a fun game, I can't see how/why they made it an exclusive or launch title. It's something you might buy for your phone on the app store. I seriously doubt anyone will be losing sleep over the delay, if so they're hardcore Peggle fans and have tats to prove it.