Update: Rockstar Patches GTA Online Again, Stimulus Due Soon

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Update: Rockstar Patches GTA Online Again, Stimulus Due Soon

Cloud outage problems should be a thing of the past.

If you've been playing Grand Theft Auto Online then you know there have been some cloud save issues, often resulting in your vehicles - or their expensive modifications - vanishing like a thief in the night. Those days are done, says Rockstar, thanks to the latest PS3 and Xbox 360 patch. Measures have been taken to prevent users from losing progress when there's a cloud outage, from losing cash when there are network problems, and even from a rare bug that caused people to lose vehicles and modifications after exiting the game.

Are you still waiting for your cash stimulus [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129026-GTA-Online-Stimulus-Package-Delayed-Further]? You need to be patient, as Rockstar still isn't convinced it's all quiet on the GTA front. However your patience only needs to last for a couple more days, because as soon as the Title Update settles things down the spice will ... um, the cash will flow. "The Stimulus will go out over the course of a full day once it's initiated," says Rockstar, "so don't be alarmed if people on your friends list receive it before or later than you do."

Bugs and server problems have plagued this title since its this thing was first unveiled [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128365-Rockstar-Apologizes-For-GTA-Online-Issues].

Source: Rockstar [http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51716/new-gta-online-title-update-105.html]

Update: The stimulus is rolling out now, Rockstar confirms. "We expect that it will take up to 2 full days for the Stimulus Package to be fully delivered to the entire player base from October 2013, so please be patient if you do not see it appearing in your in-game bank account just yet."

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
You need to be patient, as Rocksteady still isn't convinced it's all quiet on the GTA front.
"The Stimulus will go out over the course of a full day once it's initiated," says Rocksteady, "so don't be alarmed if people on your friends list receive it before or later than you do."
Waaaiiit a minute...

purplemonkey555

Aug 23, 2013
Eruanno said:
You need to be patient, as Rocksteady still isn't convinced it's all quiet on the GTA front.
"The Stimulus will go out over the course of a full day once it's initiated," says Rocksteady, "so don't be alarmed if people on your friends list receive it before or later than you do."
Waaaiiit a minute...
You can't tell me an Arkham game in Los Santos wouldn't be just kickass.

Yoshi4102

Mar 10, 2012
I haven't had any problems since the first update except for the occasional disconnect (no more often than any other online game) so I don't have any beef with Rockstar. Only problem is that there's only so much you can do right now. Really does need more missions.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Kalezian said:
We were promised heists and content creation.

we were promised the cash stimulus back in october.

At this rate, and I know I was joking earlier when I was saying it, we could very well possibly expect the main portions of the game to come out in Fall of 2014.
Go to the north of town. There's a cinema with a tattoo shop nearby. To the west of that, right at the next crossing, there's a bank in the north-eastern corner of that crossing. Enter the bank. Enjoy the level of detail. You might stumble over a set of stairs leading up next to a barred off area. Position your toon about 3-4 steps up from the corner of the metal bar cage.

Press Start

Open up the PlayStation Store (or the XBOX LIVE Marketplace, I wouldn't know about that)

Confirm

Once in the Store, press circle to quit back to the game

If done right, you'll be inside the cage.

Go down the stairs

Find the vault door

Kick, punch or explode it just an inch open

Run into the door

Enjoy your time inside what must be the setting for a heist... hopefully very soon!

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
Headdrivehardscrew said:
Kalezian said:
We were promised heists and content creation.

we were promised the cash stimulus back in october.

At this rate, and I know I was joking earlier when I was saying it, we could very well possibly expect the main portions of the game to come out in Fall of 2014.
Go to the north of town. There's a cinema with a tattoo shop nearby. To the west of that, right at the next crossing, there's a bank in the north-eastern corner of that crossing. Enter the bank. Enjoy the level of detail. You might stumble over a set of stairs leading up next to a barred off area. Position your toon about 3-4 steps up from the corner of the metal bar cage.

Press Start

Open up the PlayStation Store (or the XBOX LIVE Marketplace, I wouldn't know about that)

Confirm

Once in the Store, press circle to quit back to the game

If done right, you'll be inside the cage.

Go down the stairs

Find the vault door

Kick, punch or explode it just an inch open

Run into the door

Enjoy your time inside what must be the setting for a heist... hopefully very soon!
Wow, someone had way too much time on their hands. Not saying it's you, but still... that's a level of curiosity and beta testing I just don't have time for.

I'm not in any hurry for more content. It's doing fine as is, and pushing more content out quicker is just gonna get people bored faster. Christ, there's already so much do to in the Online portion... I don't see how people can be bored already.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Quiotu said:
Wow, someone had way too much time on their hands. Not saying it's you, but still... that's a level of curiosity and beta testing I just don't have time for.

I'm not in any hurry for more content. It's doing fine as is, and pushing more content out quicker is just gonna get people bored faster. Christ, there's already so much do to in the Online portion... I don't see how people can be bored already.
We've done every mission that pays or used to pay at least fifty times.

We've got our garages filled to the brim, several times over.

We now hunt elusive cars. Hunted, as we've meanwhile moved on to the vehicles one is not supposed to be able to own and slap an insurance on. The only one that still gives me a bit of a headache is the stretch limo. It doesn't seem to fit in. It doesn't want to let me do things to it. Other than that, we're all set for heists. We've got not just a ragtag team, but an army ready. For whatever may come.

Have you seen the pink dinosaur?

What about the ship in the desert?

Have you driven up Mount Chiliad in a convoy of Space Dockers? The green light goes well with the red glow of carpet bombing flares. There's just nothing like being carpet bombed in unison. Come join us. Come dance with the clowns.

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
Headdrivehardscrew said:
Quiotu said:

We've done every mission that pays or used to pay at least fifty times.

We've got our garages filled to the brim, several times over.

We now hunt elusive cars. Hunted, as we've meanwhile moved on to the vehicles one is not supposed to be able to own and slap an insurance on. The only one that still gives me a bit of a headache is the stretch limo. It doesn't seem to fit in. It doesn't want to let me do things to it. Other than that, we're all set for heists. We've got not just a ragtag team, but an army ready. For whatever may come.

Have you seen the pink dinosaur?

What about the ship in the desert?

Have you driven up Mount Chiliad in a convoy of Space Dockers? The green light goes well with the red glow of carpet bombing flares. There's just nothing like being carpet bombed in unison. Come join us. Come dance with the clowns.
You know, I ain't saying it's impossible to get through everything and level up past 100. I'm just saying doing that in this short period of time means playing GTAO was your life for this past month, and you need to slow down a bit. Anyone can get through all the content if that's all you're doing, but you're part of a demographic that takes up maybe 3% of who play the game.

I don't want Rockstar listening to you. You're an exception.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Quiotu said:
You know, I ain't saying it's impossible to get through everything and level up past 100. I'm just saying doing that in this short period of time means playing GTAO was your life for this past month, and you need to slow down a bit. Anyone can get through all the content if that's all you're doing, but you're part of a demographic that takes up maybe 3% of who play the game.

Nope. I am not even halfway up there with the true dedicated folks. I just liked the thrill of something new, something shiny, something interesting. I liked the various challenges of the missions. I liked improving the drill and distilling the procedure to the most efficient strategy possible. I still like discovering stuff. Slow down, leave the car at home, go for a walk. As we did in World of Warcraft, we chase the thrills but we also just stand still and take pictures of silly representations of ourselves looking lost in front of a breathtakingly beautiful sunset, a random accident or a glitch that results in two (or more) cars humping. We are many. We keep the machine going. We may not be the fuel, but we are the oil that greases the machine. As individuals, we are weak and bound to die alone. United, we are many, and we fight and act as one. GTA Online is pretty awesome and deserves money to be thrown at it. It deserves to be played. It deserves to be enjoyed. At whatever pace you consider to be the right one. Come join us when you feel bored, alone or insecure. Come join us if you wonder about what to do next. Just give any of us one hour to get to know the game we play. You might like it.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Headdrivehardscrew said:
Quiotu said:

Nope. I am not even halfway up there with the true dedicated folks. I just liked the thrill of something new, something shiny, something interesting. I liked the various challenges of the missions. I liked improving the drill and distilling the procedure to the most efficient strategy possible. I still like discovering stuff. Slow down, leave the car at home, go for a walk. As we did in World of Warcraft, we chase the thrills but we also just stand still and take pictures of silly representations of ourselves looking lost in front of a breathtakingly beautiful sunset, a random accident or a glitch that results in two (or more) cars humping. We are many. We keep the machine going. We may not be the fuel, but we are the oil that greases the machine. As individuals, we are weak and bound to die alone. United, we are many, and we fight and act as one. GTA Online is pretty awesome and deserves money to be thrown at it. It deserves to be played. It deserves to be enjoyed. At whatever pace you consider to be the right one. Come join us when you feel bored, alone or insecure. Come join us if you wonder about what to do next. Just give any of us one hour to get to know the game we play. You might like it.
I think you have been doing way too many Kifflom missions, man.