BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Review

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Review

A brief return to everyone's favorite underwater dystopia.

Read Full Article

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Only 2 hours long? Well that's a shame, I was hoping this DLC would be more substantial. It does sound pretty interesting though, I might pick it up if it goes on sale sometime.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Wow I didn't know this was divided into two different parts what bummer. Plus, clocking in at 2 hours it doesn't sound like its worth much of my time.
I wonder how much the DLC costs.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Yeah, gotta say that the whole "only lasts about 2 hours" thing is a...pretty hefty negative if you ask me. Sounds like something I could download and knock out before having to go to work. I'll likely get it though since it'll be free for me (I've got a friend that works at Gamestop and he hooked me up with a free Season Pass code when I went to go buy BSInfinite).

Still, I was looking/hoping for more.

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
I've already paid via season pass but two hours for $15 bucks is their regular price? And they're being all straight faced about it?

Story

Sep 4, 2013
ticklefist said:
I've already paid via season pass but two hours for $15 bucks is their regular price? And they're being all straight faced about it?
I heard from some where (IGN) that the DLC was priced at $5. That's a bit more more reasonable.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
ticklefist said:
You got that wave-based trash that they shat out as well, now you get this, and also part 2 later, if I'm not mistaken.

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
Carnagath said:
ticklefist said:
You got that wave-based trash that they shat out as well, now you get this, and also part 2 later, if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah I'm pretty clear on what I've paid for. I'm talking about the non-pass regular price of $15 for an hour's worth of content being a bit high.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
ticklefist said:
Carnagath said:
ticklefist said:
Yeah I'm pretty clear on what I've paid for. I'm talking about the non-pass regular price of $15 for an hour's worth of content being a bit high.
Does it cost 15$? Is it even out in the US? Cause I don't see it on Europe and it hasn't been downloaded for me, even though I also own the season pass. I doubt it's gonna be that much, but even if it is, if games like Gone Home can charge more than that for less I don't see why Infinite wouldn't, since it actually costs some money to make this.

markljlewis

Sep 30, 2011
ticklefist said:
Carnagath said:
ticklefist said:
You mean two hours surely?

Carnagath said:
ticklefist said:
Carnagath said:
ticklefist said:
Does it cost 15$? Is it even out in the US? Cause I don't see it on Europe and it hasn't been downloaded for me, even though I also own the season pass. I doubt it's gonna be that much, but even if it is, if games like Gone Home can charge more than that for less I don't see why Infinite wouldn't, since it actually costs some money to make this.
It's out on the 12th in all regions as far as I'm aware.

Story

Sep 4, 2013
Carnagath said:
ticklefist said:
Carnagath said:
ticklefist said:
I'm pretty sure it costs $5 per episode.

Rezeak

Jan 26, 2011
it's $15 but the season pass is $20 so you may as well get the season pass over buying a single episode though if your not sure probably best to wait till episode 2. You also get clash in the clouds which is kinda meh since it is really just a tacked on horde mode.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Story said:
That would make a lot of people not happy. If it's $5 per episode, that means you can get both episodes and Clash In The Clouds for $15, which means people who bought the Season Pass spent $5 more than people who bought the DLCs separately and they didn't have a choice on whether they wanted Clash.

Story

Sep 4, 2013
Falterfire said:
Story said:
That would make a lot of people not happy. If it's $5 per episode, that means you can get both episodes and Clash In The Clouds for $15, which means people who bought the Season Pass spent $5 more than people who bought the DLCs separately and they didn't have a choice on whether they wanted Clash.
I though you also get the DLC map packs with the season passes?
Though my price might be completely wrong there. I'm honestly going solely by what IGN said at the end of their review.

thisbymaster

Sep 10, 2008
How do I read something that tells me not to read it unless I have finished something that hasn't been released?

Landis963

May 23, 2011
thisbymaster said:
How do I read something that tells me not to read it unless I have finished something that hasn't been released?
Because the review is telling you not to read it until you've finished the vanilla game, not the DLC.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I'm disappointed to hear that the combat is lackluster; if there was anything that would have won me over it was solid gameplay but I guess it's a pass from me then.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
You lost me for a second, when the reality warping girl begins summoning samurai warriors into the underwater city, things start getting generic?

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Damn I hate episodic gaming, even if it's just an add-on or DLC. I'd rather get my gaming in one clean chunk.

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
WouldYouKindly said:
You lost me for a second, when the reality warping girl begins summoning samurai warriors into the underwater city, things start getting generic?
ha ha. I does sound a little bizarre when read like that. I believe he means the game play, not the visuals.

OT: Infinite was probably one of the most disappointing games of all time, for me at least. I think this will be a case of watching a Let's Play instead of getting it, which I'm quite sad about as the original Bioshock is one of my all time favorites.

I also have to wonder about the choice to go back to Rapture. It's probably one of my favorite locations, of any medium. But I feel they might be milking it a bit by going back there. Was Columbia not good enough? (Personally, No, it wasn't) I groaned a little when a fairly major (or should have been, though the characters story was rushed) event happened back in Rapture, but I lived with it as it was just a cameo. But now a whole DLC?