Star Wars VII Now Accepting Online Auditions

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Star Wars VII Now Accepting Online Auditions

The volume of prospective actors at recent open auditions for Star Wars VII has prompted Lucasfilm to allow online applications.

Disney recently put out an open casting call looking to fill a couple of open, lead role slots in the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. Auditions, in turn, began this past weekend both in St. Louis, Missouri and the city of Bristol in the UK. That being the case, the auditions in Bristol saw such a tremendous turnout (about 2500) that many would-be Jedis were unfortunately turned away.

"The whole process was a complete and utter mess," said Josh McGrillen. "They had no infrastructure to handle the hundreds of people who turned up." That being the case, Lucasfilm has announced that it will now also be accepting video auditions that prospective actors can submit to the website Cast It Talent. As with the open auditions, online applicants will be auditioning for the roles of Rachel and Thomas which are "open to all ethnicities" and will require actors 17-18 and 19-23 years old, respectively.

While a part of me feels sincerely sorry for the poor people that get stuck sifting through the countless videos bound to start flowing in, it's hard to see how adding an option to audition online could be anything but a good thing. In addition to widening the film's potential talent pool, it also gives a chance for fans and actors without the ability to travel to take a shot at landing what could potentially be the role of a lifetime.

Source: <a href=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24896384>BBC

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
This will end well...
(by that I mean it won't end well and this is a horrible idea)

Mromson

Jun 24, 2007
Every time I read about Star Wars VII I jump in joy over the fact that they're FINALLY making another Star Wars movie. Subsequently, each time I read anything about Star Wars VII tells me it's gonna be absolute garbage. I get this feeling that this is gonna end up exactly like Stargate Universe... Why do they have to insist on a younger cast... -_-'

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Mromson said:
Every time I read about Star Wars VII I jump in joy over the fact that they're FINALLY making another Star Wars movie. Subsequently, each time I read anything about Star Wars VII tells me it's gonna be absolute garbage. I get this feeling that this is gonna end up exactly like Stargate Universe... Why do they have to insist on a younger cast... -_-'
They need something to balance out how old the original cast has gotten. :)

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Thomas and Rachel? What kind of an audition scene did they get, some New-Yorkish frappuchino shop?

The Bucket

May 4, 2010
Mromson said:
To be fair, Carrie Fisher was 20 and Mark Hamill was 26 in ANH, not exactly a massive age drop

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
So I spent five hours standing out in the rain, after setting off at 5:00am, and now they'll just do online ones... ..in which I'd get more time to actually present myself than I got in the real face to face one.

Welp, I'm not mildly annoyed no... ..also: Captcha, your getting creepy; "what. ever" fits far too well.

Gather

Apr 9, 2009
Well... In their defense they are probably going for the same angle as what happened in Star Wars Episode 4: Try to stick to mostly unknown actors and hopefully you will find the next Harrison Ford.

Mromson

Jun 24, 2007
The Bucket said:
Mromson said:
To be fair, Carrie Fisher was 20 and Mark Hamill was 26 in ANH, not exactly a massive age drop
There's a huge difference between a 17-23 and 20-26 age gap... And I'm not saying it can't be pulled off, I'm just saying it unlikely to bode well. :p