Killzone: Shadow Fall Launch Trailer Trades Trauma For Drama

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Killzone: Shadow Fall Launch Trailer Trades Trauma For Drama

The Killzone: Shadow Fall launch trailer is awfully pretty but surprisingly short on action.

It's hard to tell exactly what's going on in this Killzone: Shadow Fall launch trailer, but it certainly is dramatic. Lots of stuff happening, people speaking ominously about means and ends, some Blade Runner-esque shots of a grey, fenced-in dystopia and even a few explosions to make sure you're paying attention. And if it doesn't leave you with a clear picture of what to expect from the game, well, it's still cool, right?

I'm actually not being cynical here - not entirely, anyway. I do think it looks very cool, and I like the idea of a shooter that's willing to play with the idea that the line between good guys and bad guys isn't always black and white. I can't say I'm entirely confident that it will live up to my ambitions for it, but for now, at least, the potential is tantalizing.

Killzone: Shadow Fall launches on November 15, exclusively for the PlayStation 4 - which, probably not coincidentally, also launches on November 15.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
After playing through KZ 2 & 3 over the weekend, I'm actually quite looking forward to this.

Bit confused though, are the Higs back on Vekta? Or is this before/during KZ1? Or is it a new ISA planet?

I guess I'll just have to wait...

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
wooty said:
After playing through KZ 2 & 3 over the weekend, I'm actually quite looking forward to this.

Bit confused though, are the Higs back on Vekta? Or is this before/during KZ1? Or is it a new ISA planet?

It's set about 30 years after Killzone 3. Apparently the Helghast civilians were basically allowed to move there as refugees after Helghan got devastated, so naturally they are pretty upset with the ISA.

I think you're supposed to play as a guy whose job is to keep extremists on both sides from starting a new war.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Compatriot Block said:
wooty said:

It's set about 30 years after Killzone 3. Apparently the Helghast civilians were basically allowed to move there as refugees after Helghan got devastated, so naturally they are pretty upset with the ISA.

I think you're supposed to play as a guy whose job is to keep extremists on both sides from starting a new war.
sounds like a pretty interesting take on the KZ universe. Cheers for that.